Hood River WAAM Fly-In

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Curious if anyone plans on attending the WAAM fly-in in Hood River, Oregon this weekend? It is scheduled for the 8th-10th. I hope to get down there and walk the parking area as it is free to do so and I have seen what is inside the gates before. I would love to get a thorough 'tour' of a Kitfox Model IV from an owner.

Posted

I was invited to fly down with a group but Im still working out the bugs with the new bird so I opted out. Sounds like a good time. 

Posted

It's a very nice setting in a gorgeous part of the country. The museum portion is well worth seeing from time to time, as well. It should be a bit cooler this year compared to the last two. We do have a little smoke in the air but nothing even close to what was here for last years event.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm hoping to pop over there sometime this weekend if I get my oil cooler installed in the new location. But i fly a Fat Avid not a KF IV.

Almost done with cooler install and hoping to test fly this evening.

Edited by Chris Bolkan

Posted

Well, I will be the idiot wandering around making airplane noises the first half of Sunday.

1 person likes this

Posted

I did not make it to HR this weekend. Just couldn't pull it together with the other crap I had going on. :-(  It's a great place to fly and the museum is super interesting. Hope you had a great time!

Posted

I snuck down there Saturday afternoon. I saw four Kitfox, one Avid and two Rans S7 aircraft. Very neat for me. I did not get to visit with the owners, they must have been busy elsewhere.