Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Block heater

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I have ended up with this FAA PMA'd engine heater for cold climates. I think there are a couple of heating pads missing since there are 6 jacks on the power cord for heating elements to plug into, and I only have 4 elements. And I have no idea what engine this was originally for or where the heating pads are supposed to mount. 

The only thing I can be sure of is that it was expensive when it was purchased new. The elements appear to be bond to the block/heads/whatever with some kind of silicone adhesive.

Can any of you Alaska or North Central US guys use this?

I'm thinking $20 for the harness and you pay shipping. The only reason for the $20.00 is so someone doesn't just say yes because it is free for the price of shipping and I go thru all the BS to box it up and ship it so it will just sit in someone else's junk pile.

Chris

IMG_0727.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Now if it helped with cooling that would be great. Luckily in Florida we barely have winter it's just the summer rain and humidity that sucks. I might be adding one of the little turbo fans I have for my thermo electric ac that I might try for more cooling

Posted

I'll take it Chris, P.m. to follow.

Posted

Marcus you can have it for $10.00 plus shipping. My goal is not to make money, just make sure that it will go to someone who will use it. $10.00 will cover my hassle to box it up and get it shipped out. You still have to pay shipping too though. :-)  Once you PM me with your address I will box it up and get shipping charges so we know the total amount. I am sure shipping will be below $10.00