Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox 912 ignition module and coil mounting

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,  I'm working on this 912 engine I got for my Kitfox 4 rebuild.  The ignition was partly disassembled, and now I"m trying to figure out how to bolt it back together.  Can't really go by the book, cause Kitfox reverses the manifolds and carbs.  I also have the 912 installation section from the Kitfox 4 manual, but the drawing on the page that shows what I need is blanked out.  It's page 69, figure L-3  ignition module mounting.  If anyone has that page and could send it to me, that might answer my questions.  Thanks guys,  JImChuk

PS  if any one has mounted their modules on the firewall or were ever, pictures would be great.  

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

Jim, my pages are different but here is what I have. In the pics, I found a broken mount tab during my pre purchase inspection where noted. HTH

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted

Thanks Doug.  It's amazing how easy and uncomplicated the Jabiru is compared to this thing.  And if the coils go belly up, I can buy them on ebay or a honda small engine dealer.  No question Rotax has advantages as well, but don't think they are the ignition system.  Maybe for Rotax, but not for the owner.   JImChuk

2 people like this