Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

OT: Garbage Pail Politics

68 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Expanding on 'We Are Here => Phase 3' mentioned above:

JUST IN:

- Reuters reports Top Senate Judiciary Committee Democrat Dianne Feinstein says Friday Senate vote on Kavanaugh would be too soon. She also indicates that the FBI report on Kavanaugh should NOT be made public: “It would seem to me that if people are going to be identified this ought to be held very close and not." "I think the investigation ought to be closely held," she reiterated.

- A pentagon spokesman confirmed that two packages addressed to US secretary defense James Mattis and the navy's top officer admiral John Richardson are suspected of containing ricin powder.

- Two people were taken to the hospital after being exposed to a white powdery substance at Senator Ted Cruz's office in Huston, Texas just minutes after it was announced a pair of packages he suspected of containing a deadly poison had been sent to the Pentagon.

- Capitol Police report left wing protesters pushed through GOP congressman's door and assault him.

- U.S. Secret Service intercepts envelope with suspected ricin addressed to President Trump Monday.

- Senate Majotity Leader McConnell was stalked and harassed as he walked thru Reagan Int'l Airport

;) Yeah, nothing to see here...

Edited by dholly

Posted

First, I want to be clear that I empathize with any girl or woman who's experienced the trauma and invasion of sexual assault. I can't imagine what it's like, the thought alone is abhorrent and painful. In no way do I want to diminish or dismiss the torment of that experience or gravity of the crime.

But I also want to be equally clear Ford's testimony has been proved inconsistent and untrue in several details, and none of the fact witnesses named by Kavanaugh's accusers can corroborate their allegations. Many allegations have either been debunked as false, recanted or deemed so fantastical and dubious that law enforcement decided pursuing was unnecessary. If you believe an accusation is not evidence or 'compelling' testimony may seem credible but facts are not, how can you possibly not question the truthfulness and motivation of these allegations absent a political bias?

I am told I cannot question and must believe a woman about sexual abuse allegations because of her gender. Quite the pickle when Ford's best (female) friend named as a fact witness to her story says that she doesn't agree with Ford's allegations. Still waiting for guidance on who I am supposed believe in that case. Maybe, as a man, instead of questioning such information I should just "shut up" as the junior dem senator from Hawaii says and not ask the obvious. Anyone agree with her drivel? If EVERY accusation is to be believed without question then is there any circumstance where an accusation should be questioned?

So I'm now told Kavanaugh must be guilty until he proves himself innocent. FWIW, if you are an American and agree with this you are a fuking idiot. And it sure looks like a whole bunch of fuking idiots voted for fuking idiots who currently sit on the senate judiary committee. Go spend a long weekend reading the US Constitution, The Federalist Papers, Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights that allow you to act like a fuking idiot without being beheaded or stoned to death. And seriously reassess your priorities and allegiances.

Now the FBI supplemental report is out and I just don't see it changing anything. Of course, after getting exactly what they wanted, democratic leadership will now enter Phase 4 as outlined above and scream bloody murder for any number of reasons. 

I can only imagine the backdoor deals going on right now among the Senate Democrats and Flake/Collins/Murkowski.

Posted (edited)

There are true democrat and real Liberals out there, they are not the issue.  It's the leftists that are the true problem.  Democrats and liberals still love America and respect debate and discussion. 

Leftists are of the mob mentality and want to tear down the Constitution and our entire country.

Larry, I will respectfully disagree. In reality, the number of crazy leftists who have taken over the dem party are minuscule compared to their constituency. IMO, their refusal to stop the radical left wing in favor of more centrist policy is at fault. Most non leftist dems are scared to death they will be attacked with the same violent ferocity crazy dems attack EVERYBODY that disagree with them. To progressives, Trump became not an opponent to beat with a better agenda, but an evil to be destroyed. At. Any. Cost. The moderate dems were written off as dense and stupid while left wing fringe elements were praised as clever. Voters in 2016 bristled at a platform of redistribution, open borders, bigger government and higher taxes, but progressives are now promising those voters even more of what they didn't want. They could have dropped their obsession with identity politics and instead attempted to win over a blue-collar voters with more inclusive class appeals rather than racial appeals. Voters have the power to remove representives in DC, but more and more are simply choosing to #WalkAway from the party instead. We are seeing that at local, state and federal levels. Two years of media lies, 92% negative coverage, and being told that people like Ocasio-Cortez, Linda Sarsour and Beto O'Rourke are the face of their party are enough. 50% approval rating for Trump says a lot about what US citizens really want.

[edit] If you doubt the turn in sentiment, take a read on this NYT opinion piece by a liberal never Trumper. LINK

Edited by dholly

Posted (edited)

This woman quoted below is so much more articulate than I could ever hope to be.

THIS is thoughtful, respectful response to this nomination process. Contrast her response to this nomination process vs. the paid militant liberal left protesters and their get in your face intimidation/disruption tactics. Which do you think offers the best opportunity for our great country to come together? I'm still trying to get the image of that screeching bloody protester removed from the early hearings out of my mind.

image.jpg

Edited by dholly

Posted

Doug, we are parsing terminology while saying the same thing.  I encourage everyone to watch that video.

Classical Liberals are not the problem.  Neither are true Democrats.  It is the Left wing infiltration of extremism into those groups that is putting any political discourse into chaos (by design).

Posted

Doug, we are parsing terminology while saying the same thing. 

Are we? Clearly many who identify democrat disagree with the direction of their party today, yet remain silent even in the face of organized violence and a morals be damned win at any cost mentality adopted since 2016. I would think that if they were honest about their feelings they would at least, say something. I get it, the simplest thing to do is nothing at all. We are born into a social system that teaches us to accept things as they are, but remember that society will not transform itself.

The great philosopher Plato said "Your silence is consent." Desmond Tutu said "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of oppressor." Elie Wiesel said "There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest it." Equally apropos:

"Wherever the real power in the government lies, there is the danger of oppression in our governments. The real power lies in the majority of the community and the invasion of private rights is chiefly to be apprehended, not from the acts of government contrary to the sense of its constituents, but from acts in which the government is the mirror instrument of the major number of the constituents." ― James Madison, Letters and Other Writings of James Madison Volume 3

Have you ever wondered what you would do during the civil rights movement? Stop wondering, this is the civil rights movement. I am only asking of those dems that know in their hearts what their party leaders are doing to Brett Kavanaugh is abhorrent and immoral: What are you doing? Would you condone this behavior if it was your son in the seat? Is Mancin the only dem on the SJC willing to place morals, conscience and soul above politics?

Bueller... Bueller... Bueller?

Posted (edited)

If you missed Sen. Collins floor speech where she addresses all the anti-K allegations* her constituents brought her in detail and explains her decision to confirm Judge Kavanaugh, it is well worth the time (40mins). She is an example of the class and political courage we need in DC. I can applaud her thoughtful reasoning on the judicial merits (whether we agree or not) and her acknowledgement of the critical importance of our bedrock due process foundation to American ideals. So much more meaningful to me than obstruct, delay and intimidate. That may yield some temporary benefit, but is a piss poor strategy for a long term platform. If you always stand against everything it means you're for nothing.

I think this SCJ confirmation circus opened a lot of eyes, on both sides of the political spectrum, and may be the 'straw that broke the camel's back" that causes tolerance of leftist radicalism to reach its end for a lot of folks. Each of us in a democracy must evaluate the extent they are willing to go to guard against intolerance and extremism without undermining their own fundamental commitment to the values of tolerance, liberty and equality. It is incumbent upon each of us, regardless of political view, to look at both liberal and conservative news sources every day. You need a full range of views to understand what's going on in the world and engage in constructive -and productive- dialogue. 

[edit] *If you are not aware of the lack of corroborating evidence, HERE is a summary.

Edited by dholly

Posted

You and I are going to disagree again, I guess.  

Collins, like Graham, have made pretty speeches in support of Kavanaugh that I agree with and applaud.  However both of them, in the larger picture, are political weathervanes.  What ever is best for them, at that moment, is what they do.   Complete RINOs and swamp creatures that, IMO, need to go.  Murkowski and Flake are of the same cowardly stripe.  Luckily Flake is tail lights.

Posted (edited)

So the big mystery to me is: why more thoughtful liberals are so reluctant to eschew the anti-logic of their nutcase radical leftist "leaders"?  I recognize the raw power and pervasiveness of the left-wing propaganda machine, and understand the need for younger folks to fit in to some social context - have a "tribe" so-to-speak, which also tends to support homogeneity of opinion, but there's always the closet, if one lacks the boldness to be different.  The voting booth is a private place.

I venture that most liberals just want bigger government & more services, and perhaps better protection of the environment, but  not the total destruction of our system of government, so why can't they see that they have much more in the way of shared values with us conservatives?  It seems they'd follow their insane lefty leaders off of a cliff!

Maybe life in the city provides so much stimulation that people have no time to think things through.  In the country, it's mercifully different.   OMG, another frightening thought!  What if the only thing slowing down this seemingly inexorable march towards totalitarianism is the baby boomer bulge?

Edited by Turbo

Posted

Lol, everyone in DC loves the spotlight and a chance to promote themselves. I've never been a Collins fan, although she was the swing vote on the jobs bill last year too. My point with her speech was not that it was BK flattery, rather the reminder to her colleagues about respecting due process and putting their advise and consent responsibility before partisan politics. Same with Graham calling out the boofing bullshit in the hearings. IMHO, if there was ever a time to step up to the plate and act like a responsible adult, this was it. The future of our Republic was at stake and the mob damn near won thanks to spineless GOP goats. I find it ironic as hell that it took a couple of RINOs to show the GOP what a real set of balls look like.

We are witnessing the systematic dismantling of the old guard. Most folks have no idea how absolutely panicked the swamp is right now. The lid is about to blow off with release of the McCabe notes and FISA declass, no party or person is immune to Trump's cleanup. Great progress so far, Sessions, Horowitz and Huber are kicking ass behind the scene! Arrests, finally.

Posted (edited)

@Turbo, 

IMO, young adults are immersed and indoctrinated into liberal culture during their formative college years. Lots of studies show liberalism has infiltrated academia and is corrupting higher education. Professors identifying liberal vs. conservative run 50 to 1, and they are allowed to 'teach' their left wing opinions rather than promote dialog and debate. Instead of fostering an environment for discussion, conservative students are taught to self censor in class and liberal students are taught to retreat to 'safe rooms' in an attempt to avoid uttering or hearing words that might be considered 'offensive'.

As a result, all the old enlightened means of discussion and analysis from due process to scientific method are dismissed as being blind to emotional concerns. All that matters is that people are allowed to speak, that their narratives are excepted without question and that the bad feelings go away ASAP. So it's not just that students refuse to iniate uncomfortable ideas, they refuse to engage them. Engagement is considered unnecessary, as the immediate emotional reactions of students contain all the analysis and judgment that sensitive issues demand. These refusals can shut down discussion in genuinely contentious areas such as politics. No one can argue against feelings and so the only thing left to do is shut down the things that cause distress. Noargument, no discussion. Just hit the mute button and pretend eliminating discomfort is the same as affecting actual change.

Look at the average age of all the BK 'protesters' shown by media, so many are incapable of separating simple values from political policies and embrace rage vs. reason. Apparently, most believe that sexual harassment victims should never be asked for proof? That an accusation is all it should ever take to secure a guilty verdict? The identity of the victims overrides the identity of the accused and that's all the proof they need. Fu*k due process. I find this terrifying and don't believe Americans will ever except that. If it becomes a integral part of liberal political platform as DCdem leaders are now pushing, liberals are going to suffer tremendous electoral defeat. 

Edited by dholly
1 person likes this

Posted

Imagine someone dumb enough to vote for this guy!

IMG_1157.JPG

Posted

Dear Nick,

That was me, with gusto!  I have no idea how it feels to be rich, famous, and powerful.  When he made these comments, he had no idea he'd end up as president.  However we all saw how Obama said all the right things, then acted with the clear (to me) intent to destroy and divide this country.  He spent our taxpayer's money like a drunken sailor, following the Clowerd & Piven strategy, yet got re-elected, and ultimately succeeded beyond his wildest dreams.  This was no lover of our country & people.  The huge, all-pervasive leftist propaganda machine backed him to the hilt.  So I have taken to ignoring what they say, and only paying attention to what they actually do while in office.  Fiduciality is my only litmus test, and based on that, I personally rank Trump way up there,  next to Lincoln.  I am certainly not alone in this.

So what improvements in overall happiness and satisfaction with life do left-of-center folks expect to find after destroying harmony, rule-of-law, presumpion of innocence, and other fundamentally egalitarian notions upon which our society is based?  Our system puts the common man at the reins;  how is it better to concentrate all-corrupting power in the hands of an elite few?  Or don't you see this unfolding?   - Turbo

De-facto progressive endgame:  Equality in misery.

1 person likes this

Posted

Doug, if I were half as eloquent as you, I'd be dangerous!  Well thought and expressed.

Posted

Hey Nick, couldn't agree more. That's why I didn't vote for that guy. I voted for THIS GUY. Fact is, there is no perfect person, candidate, whatever. I don't remember ever voting for someone that was exactly what I wanted, I do remember Jesus said, "Let he among us that is without sin be the first to cast a stone." I have held my nose as I pulled the lever for the past 20 yrs but there was not a chance in hell would I vote for Hillary. After 8yrs of O admin corruption and disappointments, I saw no less threat in voting for a bona-fide DC outsider with extensive business experience, and the bigger the disrupter to the DC status quo the better IMO. No, I don't need to like the person to like the policies, so I do my own independent research and vote policy. Yup, this dickhead is getting things done at a phenomenal rate. #MAGA, enjoy the show!

P.S. Thanks for posting, I won the bet! :lmao:

1 person likes this

Posted

IMG_1176.JPG

Posted (edited)

THOUGHTFUL, RESPECTFUL dialog is possible for those who disagree on political views. Sure, you might never see exactly eye-to-eye, but perhaps you will learn something constructive or have a better appreciation for others point of view.

So, in light of the current clown show surrounding the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation hearings, can anyone here who 'identifies' as a Democrat explain to me why they support the actions of their chosen representatives in this matter (please keep to this specific topic only).

If you live under a rock, here is a snapshot of the situation >>> CLICK

^Reprint of 1st post for your convenience. Pay particular attention to the question in para.2 please. I'm sure you can find a simple yes or no meme online somewhere if you don't want to actually discuss. Sadly, I'm still waiting for anyone who supports the dem leadership actions to even admit they agree with them, let alone explain why. Be the first.

Edited by dholly

Posted

Does anyone have info on the proud military service of 44, or his ancestors ? Last 150 years will do. Search of wars in Kenya, Indonesia and Hawaii so far shows nothing.

Posted (edited)

Does anyone have info on the proud military service of 44, or his ancestors ? Last 150 years will do. Search of wars in Kenya, Indonesia and Hawaii so far shows nothing.

Yes, Stanley Armour Dunhamthe maternal grandfather of Obama enlisted as a private in the US Army 1942 and went to France and helped the 9th Air Force during D-day. Thank you Stanley! I don't know if that is proud enough for you but for us here in Europe we certainly owe him, and his likes, more than one!

The opportunities for proud military service is often related to where you are. I'm from Sweden and we havent had a war to brag about for over 600 years... Obamas father was between Kenya and the US during the Mau-Mau uprising. Most fighting was done by the British and it is unknown if Obama Sr. was involved, most likely not. Not sure it would have been a proud military service anyway...

Edited by FredStork

Posted

...and if any of this really matters... Donald Trumps grandfather, Friedrich Trump, emigrated to the US to avoid fulfilling his military service in Germany. He run brothels during the gold-rush and later moved back to Gemany - but the authorities found out about his escape from military service and he had to return to the US...

But I don't think it really matters...  

Posted

All very interesting. A visit to Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in Colleville-sur-Mer, Normandy, France has been on my bucket list for some time. But...

...do either of you guys want to take a crack at answering the original question?

Posted

The old Pegasus bridge and Horsa assault glider at the Colleville memorial.

To return on topic, I saw them from the air during my recent Avid flight to the D-Day beaches but could not take a decent picture.

Posted

With the picture!

Pegasus.jpg

Posted

dholly, if you come to Paris, I can fly there with you in the right seat.

Posted

All very interesting. A visit to Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in Colleville-sur-Mer, Normandy, France has been on my bucket list for some time. But...

...do either of you guys want to take a crack at answering the original question?

Nope as long as we are ruining this site for politics, why should anyone answer your question?

trump1.jpg