Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fatal error

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I can log in, contribute, post, attach pictures, get and receive messages, but when I try to go to my profile to look at it or try to update I get a fatal error. It's been that way for some time. Any idea what is wrong?

Chris

Posted

I can't see anything wrong on this end.  Have you tried from different devices?

Posted

I have the same prob with my iPad.

Posted

yep:  
Fatal error: Undefined constant 'IPS\MONTH_DAY_FORMAT' in /home/content/41/11975741/html/system/DateTime/DateTime.php on line 175

Posted

Mine works okay on my PC/Firefox and iPhone/Safari. 

Will try the Mac and iPad later.

Posted

I have tried it on my PC at work and my phone and laptop with no issues.  What system are you guys using that's giving you issues??

Posted

I am on a Windows PC at work. Modern, up to date running latest windows updates. Also happens at home and on my apple devices.

Fatal error: Undefined constant 'IPS\MONTH_DAY_FORMAT' in /home/content/41/11975741/html/system/DateTime/DateTime.php on line 175

Posted

ok, that is odd.  I just went in and can see you profile in the control panel and I can edit it, but when I click view your profile it gives me the same error... hmmm.. Do we have any smart software guru's hanging around here that want to take a crack at this one?

I know its probably going to be unpopular, but this may force me to update to the latest version of the software that some have said they are not fond of.  No one wants to learn new format or buttons but I may have to do it.

:BC:

Posted

so here is a work around if your trying to PM someone and you get the fatal error when you click on the profile.  Just hover the mouse over the user name/avatar and it should pop up a little preview box.  Move the mouse down to the PM symbol in the lower left corner and click that and you should be able to send the PM.  I am still working on the real solution to the issue..

Posted

That worked like a charm Leni.  I guess I always click on the person's name and go from there.  Thanks,   JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Okay this is wierd.  

On my MacBook Air, I can click on akflyer and it goes to your profile.  Same with 1avidflyer and nlappos.  If I click on Chris Bolkan or dholly, I get the "fatal error".

1 person likes this

Posted

I vaguely remember this happening before, and it has something to do with the profile - it sets the date/time format based on the locale parameters your machine passes it when you first sign up - and some of them it didn't handle correctly.  I'll see if I can find any notes from that.  I found a way to fix it without getting too technical, but it was weird....

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted

Same result as Larry on my iPad.

Posted

Lol, bring it on, Chris and I will survive this too. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

I vaguely remember this happening before, and it has something to do with the profile - it sets the date/time format based on the locale parameters your machine passes it when you first sign up - and some of them it didn't handle correctly.  I'll see if I can find any notes from that.  I found a way to fix it without getting too technical, but it was weird....

Mark

I went into Chris profile and changed that and it was still giving me the error.  Most members everything is working correctly on, only a select few I have gotten the fatal error on... I have a trouble ticket in on it and will see what happens.

Posted

Thanks Leni!

Don't lose sleep over it. Not really important until I can't get on the site, and that is no problem currently.

This site is my lifeline to all things Avid!

1 person likes this