Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pull start setup

4 posts in this topic

Posted

picking up a 582, gonna ditch the electric starter for a pull start, but I think the owner hacked something off that looks important. Because it’s a pain to get a rig machine out here, is there a way to mount the rope starter without this attachment point?

B4BBE873-A2F4-42C4-8907-D1E114EB9590.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Maybe you have figured this out already, but the problem is you have to turn the direction of the starter pull rope 90 degrees.  Here are a couple of pics showing the way the fuselage should be.  The pully would be bolted onto the T piece at the end of the stub you have left after the rest was cut off.  Don't have any good answers at the moment.  On second thought, maybe a couple of angels on the inside of the firewall that would hold the pully between them with a bolt going through the angels and the pully.  In the second picture, you can see the short piece of pipe that forms a T and gives a place for the bolt that holds the pully on.  JImChuk

newest Avid 010 (Large).jpg

newest Avid 009 (Large).jpg

newest Avid 011 (Large).jpg

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted (edited)

Here's a close-up of the pulley mount, from the cabin side of the firewall.  The big black thing is the handle.

20181015_164133.jpg

Edited by Turbo

Posted

Just wanted to share my final setup if someone else had the same problem. Just made it out of mild steel strapping, welded square tubing to take place of existing tube...and in the square tubing I added a bushing for the rod to slide into. Two U bolts hold it on the angled piece of frame tube

0B01C95C-53F1-4474-90B9-C5FFB6BDA5A4.png