13 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm making some progress

IMG_0474.JPG

2 people like this

Posted

Well Bob hows the rebuild going? 

Posted

The wings are ready to cover, waiting on money (fabric, paint etc)

Leni and I are going to try to weld up the new bungi gear for it this time in.

Its sitting on the original narrow gearIMG_0496.thumb.JPG.19dbceca390cafbf49b33IMG_0483.thumb.JPG.8d1270aab51a1ed73629a

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm making some progress

IMG_0474.JPG

I'm guessing that's Oratex? How much are you spending on that?

Posted

Good guess, but no. Its good old pollyfiber lite

Posted (edited)

Well i just got a price for Oratex 6000 in black for my blackfox model 1, for everything, fabric,glue,cleaner,finishtape,wax,finishtape primer, and shippin was $4600 and that for 33yrds.

Well Bob that baby is lookin good, hope the gear works out good to cause ive got my name on Leni list for a set also.  Windsheild looks good, i just finished mine lastnight, did a little home modification on the bottom of it 

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by Buckchop

Posted

No need for Oratex 6000, you can use Oratex 600 it is certified up to 600 kg MTOW - it is cheaper and more than sufficient in terms of strength. 

Posted

Fred is 100% correct Oratex 600 is more than good, but for the longjevite and the samples i have cn i wouldnt put the lighter material on my plane in Alaska for bush flying, Just my opinion i like the Oratex 6000

Posted

One “bush option” could be to use 6000 for landing gear (I did that), for the belly and tail plane (I didn’t do that) and 600 for the rest. But 6000 is still lighter than traditional covering so no real harm using it. And I know what you are saying, the 6000 stuff feels bulletproof, I don’t think there is anything on the market than can complete...

Posted

Leni says, " I want to build the gear for  your (mine) plane so I can beat it up" That's the reason I get one first.

And I don't have a problem with using the plane to test the gear. My even use my mod 4 with the 670.

Only have a couple hrs on the 670 so that's a way to fly off the 40, it seems like a bull so far.

Posted (edited)

Yep i do belive Leni had mentioned that he was going to test it out should b good stuff the resurch and drawings he has done so far. Mmmm 670,,,,,, man ill bet that plane is a hell of a monster, id love to chat with u and Leni about that over a cup of mud one of these days, that could b a good upgrade to do in my blackfox one of these days from the original 532 thats still in her with 145hrsTT, did u get urs from rotax rick? 

Edited by Buckchop

Posted

Have gained on the overhaul. 

Both wings covered and taped with first coat of polly brush

IMG_0513.JPG

3 people like this

Posted

Lookin good Bob!!! I hope to get on my wings b4 long. But ive got left over Oratex 6000 from recovering the pa12.  Question cant tell for sure but looks like there no update/strenghting on ur flaperon hangers?