Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Powerfin prop on a 912

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I just picked up a 70" 3 blade Powerfin prop that will work on the Kitfox with a 912 engine.  Is anyone else running one of these and if so what are your thoughts on the Powerfin?  I did have one years ago for a short time on an Avid with 582, and it didn't seem to be any better than the IVO, and harder to adjust so I went back to the IVO.  JImChuk

Posted

The gyrocopter company I worked for ran those on 912 . They seemed to be a really nice prop . Couldn't tell you about performance with it but they liked them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nobody else have any experience good or bad with Powerfin?  JImChuk

Posted

Jim, I have a Powerfin on my trike which I've been very happy with. Assuming they are F blades, I believe you would be very pleased with it on a 912 Kitfox.

Posted

Yes Mark, they are the F blades.  Long as I'm answering to you Mark, I changed the oil pressure sender on my Jabiru, and now the oil pressure in the MGL agrees with the mechanical gauge I temped in.  (alarm lights are scary, even when I don't believe them)  JImChuk

Posted

I have a 3 blade POWERFIN on my MDL3 Kitfox. F blades that has a diameter of 68 inches. A Greyhead 582 thru a C box 3 to1 is turning it.  I'm in the Air in under 300 feet on a 7000 ft density altitude day here in Fallon. I feel I'm getting a little better performance with the PF compared to the Warp drive that was on it previously.

Rick

Posted

JimChuck, did you end up going with the powerfin or sticking with the IVO? If you want to sell either let me know! ;)

I just picked up a 70" 3 blade Powerfin prop that will work on the Kitfox with a 912 engine.  Is anyone else running one of these and if so what are your thoughts on the Powerfin?  I did have one years ago for a short time on an Avid with 582, and it didn't seem to be any better than the IVO, and harder to adjust so I went back to the IVO.  JImChuk

Posted

Not sure what I'm going to be using for sure.  The plane isn't ready for a prop just yet.  There was a nice looking Warp Drive three blade on Barnstormers last week for $480.  Not a high price for a $1500 prop.  Maybe it's still available.  Make sure the bolt pattern will work for you though.  JImChuk