Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Exploring Mt Shasta in Norcal

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been wanting to fly up to Weed and get some shots of my plane with Shasta in the background for a while. Yes there's a town with an airport in Northern California named Weed... :sharedoobie: The last time I drove down I-5 I took a pic of my truck there and was hooked. I had to be home by 3pm today so it was a pretty quick trip. I took off early and headed up. You could not have asked for a nicer flying day. We've had a strong onshore wind for almost week around here. At 7500ft the wind was 3kts today. I never hit the slightest bump all day. It was just shy of 400NM up there and back and I logged 5.8hours on the Hobbs. It was a pretty whirlwind trip but the views were pretty awesome. I will be going back and spending some time up there for sure.

This is my first X-country with the HACman. At 7500ft I had my fuel burn down to 4.1gph. I didn't have my camp gear but on my Idaho trip I averaged 5.3gph at similiar altitudes. The engine runs so much better leaned out at altitude..better power less fuel... I'm super happy with the results.

These guys were having some fun playing on the River

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

Can anyone tell me what the story is on this thing..It's in Redding

IMG_0794.jpg

Shasta Lake.. Glad to see the water is back up somewhat

IMG_0800.jpg

This thing is just awesome

IMG_0803.jpg

On the way there

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

Poser shots

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

Posted

Looks like some nice weather for your trip.

I wanted to get some like pictures of our mountain this summer

but with record setting # of days raining, 28 days straight as of to day,

and high wind on the other days, makes getting close to mountains a no no.

When the fishing and hunting guids crash you know the weather is bad!!!!!

Posted

I have driven by those mountains many times and they truly are a pretty site,it has been many years but there use to be a small airport between Weed and Yreka,dont know if its still there or not.California has some of the best mountain ranges around,great pics.Randy