Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HKS 700T

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all

is anybody thinking about installing the new HKS 700T? With its turbopower of 80HP it seems to me the ideal engine for flying high (up to 12000ft regularily.

700T 2009-02-13 Overall Dimensions.pdf

Posted

I've got a 700e so of course I've thought about the 700T.

Expensive but it is a great match for a Kitfox/Avid. It's at least 20lbs lighter installed than a Roxax 912. It burns less gas so you need less fuel for the same range - more weight savings. Fuel injected so no carb ice. Single lever control. The turbo muffles the engine enough that it can get by w/o a muffler can for more weight savings.

Downside -> more complex, short (very conservative) initial TBO, brand new so no history. No FWF available yet so you have to roll your own.

But yeah, at 7500ft it produces more power than a R912S.

Posted

I've got a 700e so of course I've thought about the 700T.

Expensive but it is a great match for a Kitfox/Avid. It's at least 20lbs lighter installed than a Roxax 912. It burns less gas so you need less fuel for the same range - more weight savings. Fuel injected so no carb ice. Single lever control. The turbo muffles the engine enough that it can get by w/o a muffler can for more weight savings.

Downside -> more complex, short (very conservative) initial TBO, brand new so no history. No FWF available yet so you have to roll your own.

But yeah, at 7500ft it produces more power than a R912S.

[/q

Does it have a different mount than the 700E? I know they make the mounts for my Skyraider but dont know about the 700T.I bet it would be a great match,also heard it has alot less low speed vibration because of it being turboed. The less compression makes a smoother idle.If I ever hit the lottery I might buy one, but on the other hand my plane still sits in my shop unpainted so wouldnt do me much good. Randy