Jab on Barnstormers

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I would love to put this on my Avid. Seems like a good deal. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.67fb70d67bb2b7d0573c1d

Posted

I always liked the idea of Jabiru, but research (in terms of reliability) kept swaying me away.

Anyone here swear by them... I mean in a good way...  not "swearing" while  standing "by" them ;)

Posted

I've put over 500 hrs on mine.  It's been good to me.  Early solid lifter engines are better than later hydraulic lifter engines.  Supposedly, the third generation engines are good as well.  I would ask what the serial # is on this engine.   JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

That's a good report.  Yeah my research might have been lopsided due to the old "negative experience collection pool" effect that internet forums tend to magnify:

Example: There may be 100,000 Ford 6.0 Diesels out there, 95,000 of them run great and owners never visit the forum.  But the forum has 5,000 reports of head gasket problems so you read that and figure it is a 100% problem when it's actually 5%.

2 people like this

Posted

I would love to put this on my Avid. Seems like a good deal. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.67fb70d67bb2b7d0573c1d

You have got to be kidding me!  I watch for a Jabiru about every day.  Just put alot of money into some other projects and now one comes up very close!  This is basically in my backyard  (about 1 hr away)

Vance if you are serious about it and the seller would not be interested in shipping. I would be willing to crate it up for you and ship.  Cheers Randy 

1 person likes this