Avid Flyer Mk IV - $18450

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow!  Finally one for sale in my city!

Posted

https://denver.craigslist.org/avo/d/aurora-avid-flyer-mk-iv/6780293071.html

He reposted it!  

Avid Flyer Mk IV Finished in 1997, Aircraft TT: 388.3 hours Hobbs time: 243.4 hrs. New Subaru 100 hp EA81 with Stratus redrive. Engine TT: 6.2 hrs (Test/Tune only). ICOM A200 comm, Collins TDR-950150 transponder, PM501 2 place intercom. Ivoprop cockpit adjustable prop (new ovhld), Grove gun drilled landing gear, Matco brakes, Air Trac: 8.50x6x20 tundra tires. Needs final engine tests and annual condition inspection. $18,000.00. Would consider trade for aerobatic experimental airplane.

Posted

I believe this one sold in your area a few years back.  Price may have been cheaper by a fair amount.  Anyone else recall this one?

Posted

It sold in March of 2016 with a bad engine in the 14's if I remember correctly. I think it came with a spare engine but I might be wrong. I was interested then but too late when I saw the ad as it had already sold.

Posted

I guess I am the type of person that takes nobody's word for anything when it deals with buying aircraft. I always end up stripping one down to bare bones and redoing everything. Including engine when I do buy one. And that bad habit has cost a lot of time, work and money but I always know what I got and what I am flying.  Might be a carry over from being a long time A&P since I've seen some stuff on flying aircraft that makes you run into a corner and hide.  This model 2 is most likely my final project so I am redoing it for myself. A new condition restored Kitfox 2 for around 14-15K doesn't seem outrageous at today's prices. But I've never been called a genius, either.

1 person likes this

Posted

Allen,  I just posted a Kitfox 2 with an HKS engine in the for sale section.  Not my plane, I just saw the add on barnstormers and copied it.  It's at $15.999, but who knows where the bottom really is.  I bet it would be a good combination if it's light weight for those low and slow morning or evening flights that don't go a long ways, but mostly just enjoy the view.   JImChuk

Posted

That doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. There was also an Avid listed for around 12K on the Avid listing. If I am correct, only one service center for the HKS engine in the U.S. I think that was Green Sky in Fla. If one had a four stroke only mindset, that would be the one at a fair price.  As for low and slow morning and evening flights around the area, that's the only reason I fly anymore. If its over an hour somewhere, body parts start to hurt that I didn't even know I had. Getting old really sucks!

1 person likes this

Posted

On Barnstomers

AVID MK IV • $16,800 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • 1997 Avid Mk IV, Aircraft TT: 422.1 TSMOH: 9.7, , ICOM A-200 Comm, Collins Transponder, Two place intercomm, Matco Wheels and Brakes, Tundra Tires, Grove Landing Gear, IVOPROP Medium 72" cockpit adj. prop. Needs final engine tuning and condition inspection sign off. $16,800.00. Considering offers and interesting trades. • Contact Arlan Grover, Owner - located Aurora, CO USA • Telephone: 7209380666 • Posted January 28, 2019 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures

1x1.gif

thumb.jpg?modified=1548693646thumb.jpg?modified=1548693675thumb.jpg?modified=1548693728thumb.jpg?modified=1548693830thumb.jpg?modified=1548693968

Posted

This is starting to get reasonable. I wish I was looking but I just mentioned it to the wife and I got the look!

AVID MK IV • $14,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • Avid MK IV, STOL wing Subaru EA 81, Stratus redrive, Ivoprop medium in flight adjustable propeller. Has flown, needs engine tuning to be airworthy. $14,000 or best offer. Will consider trades, prefer aerobatic. • Contact Arlan Grover, Owner - located Aurora, CO USA • Telephone: 7209380666 • Posted April 7, 2019 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures

1x1.gif

thumb.jpg?modified=1554689027thumb.jpg?modified=1554689075thumb.jpg?modified=1554689121thumb.jpg?modified=1554689176

2 people like this

Posted

Damn Boys that's a good deal on a great looking plane. I wouldn't sell mine for that. 

Posted

Any Avid/Fox is worth more than that in decent flyable shape! I'll have more than that invested in mine after full reconditioning. But then, I've never been told I was a genius.

1 person likes this

Posted

That price is making it really hard for me to ignore this ad. I've seen it a couple times. It would definitely get me in the air a lot quicker than dumping a ton of money into my A model. Not to mention it's a wee bit bigger..   

1 person likes this

Posted

I wouldn't wait around too long, if I wanted it. Good deals don't last very long. But sweet deals are rare so check it out pretty good, even down to the paperwork. Not saying its a good or so so aircraft, but needs checked out. I am a prime example of putting a lot of money and work in a rebuild. In hindsight, not my smartest move, and I of all people should know better.

2 people like this

Posted

That price is making it really hard for me to ignore this ad. I've seen it a couple times. It would definitely get me in the air a lot quicker than dumping a ton of money into my A model. Not to mention it's a wee bit bigger..   

I'm going to warn you......I've flown both and the Mark IV is a great airplane. You should not pass this one up. 

1 person likes this

Posted

As much as I would love to jump on this deal the more I think about it it's just not the right time. I've already spent a good chunk on my A model. Grrrrr

On the side note. I know it's a different aircraft but does anybody know if the header tank from a KF 1 will fit my A? Or if I'll have to do a bunch of modifications?

Posted (edited)

A wise man once told me a bit of advice and I use it on everything. "When you are faced with a decision to make, consider all the options based on the information available, make your decision and quit worrying about anything else."  That goes for aircraft, flying, or anything else in life. But then, if we are talking about women, all bets are off !

Edited by Allen Sutphin
4 people like this

Posted

Cant believe noone jumped on this, other than the worry about the engine. I got a hella deal on my speedwing for 12k. (unfortunately im going to have to rewire it so maybe less of a deal). 100hp, stol wing, looks in great condition.. thats a hell of a deal

Posted

Cant believe noone jumped on this, other than the worry about the engine. I got a hella deal on my speedwing for 12k. (unfortunately im going to have to rewire it so maybe less of a deal). 100hp, stol wing, looks in great condition.. thats a hell of a deal

it actually sold.  He had it on Barnstormers and I noticed it went a couple days ago. 

1 person likes this

Posted

it actually sold.  He had it on Barnstormers and I noticed it went a couple days ago. 

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/avo/d/farmington-avid-flyer-airplane-with/6873048835.html

1 person likes this

Posted

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/avo/d/farmington-avid-flyer-airplane-with/6873048835.html

That's a great price. I can start collecting when I have my GIANT shop.   :) 

1 person likes this