New Airport is open

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Nice. 5500 ft runway?  You should be able to do 2 or 3 touch and goes without ever having to make a turn! :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice. 5500 ft runway?  You should be able to do 2 or 3 touch and goes without ever having to make a turn! :)

Ha I thought the same thing yesterday when I landed there. I used about 100 feet of it but it was sure a nice smooth 100 feet

Posted

Sweet!

Posted

Never seen that:

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact editor@iowainformation.com or call 712-324-5347.

Posted

That is interesting, will you share with us what specifically what you were trying to access when you received that message. 

Posted

Worked with no problems for me.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

32 million dollars for a hunk of concrete less than a mile long here in Iowa? I worked for Carlson Construction for five or so years building mostly interstate highways. Roads only cost about 1 million a mile to replace back in the 80's. Add the cost to buy the land here in Iowa and things start to look a little strange. The highest farm land prices I've seen in this state was $10,000 dollars an acre and it's usually far less. Those hangers must be gold plated on the inside.

As far as the EU block on the website, that's strange too. It sounds like it's being blocked on our end here in Iowa. I wonder if it's a government thing or a local server thing?

A great guitar player came out of the Sioux City area. Tommy Bolin.

Edited by Cloud Dancer

Posted

Your a bit low Mr. There is a whole lot more than just one mile of concrete in this thing. And the price per acre right there was 21000.

1 person likes this

Posted

Never seen that:

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact editor@iowainformation.com or call 712-324-5347.

That is because the website hasn't implemented all the hand holding (mostly warnings about cookies, etc) the EEA/EU requires in their GDPR regulations.  Cheaper and easier to block access then comply with regulations that 99.99% of their web traffic doesn't require.

Mark

Posted

Your a bit low Mr. There is a whole lot more than just one mile of concrete in this thing. And the price per acre right there was 21000.

Your right, prices have gone up since the 80's. Here are the current prices per mile to build a road: http://blog.midwestind.com/cost-of-building-road/ 

My flying farmer friend has 700 acres he's willing to sell you at a discount. His land is in Delaware county and usually costs more than in Woodbury county. Here are farm land values in Delaware county. http://dollarsanddirt.com/iowa-auctioneers/delaware-county-farmland-values/ 

I checked on Woodbury county in your part of the state too. Here's the link for those prices:http://dollarsanddirt.com/iowa-auctioneers/woodbury-county-farmland-values/

Think what you want but I still think they paid too much.