Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox 2 project on barnstormers

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all,  Just saw this on barnstormers.  Don't know anything about it besides what I read in the add.  Maybe of interest to someone.  Doesn't seem to be very expensive, might make someone a good project for the winter.  JImChuk

KITFOX II PROJECT • $3,750 • CLEANING OUT THE HANGAR Ground looped. Fuselage repaired. Rotax 582. Left wing needs repaired/replaced. Call for info • Contact Tom L. Waldo located Beatrice, NE USA • Telephone: 402-239-2939 • Posted November 26, 2018

Posted

It could be a great deal or a monster, depending on who's looking. I've seen several "good buys" end up costing more than a nice flying model. One has to look with an experienced eye. Its probably worth that much in parts. As we all know parts are getting expensive if you have to buy many and harder to find lately. I just bought 2 ribs from Kitfox and with shipping was about $200. I plan to use them as future patterns. Good thing about an Avid or Kitfox is one can make about anything given a little time and patience. Most of the "Ole Timers" (age not withstanding) know this and already have. Being a homebuilder is an education in itself. One can develop skills they never though possible.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was curious so I talked to the guy, and he sent me some pics.  It's got a 582 gray head and a C gearbox.  JImChuk

Posted

Wow i didnt know the ribs was that much. Good thing mine where homemade. :o

image.jpg

image.jpg

Posted

Mine will be homemade from now on. Now that I have a pattern for each type of rib.  Plus we have a good cabinet shop over the hill that does excellent work with thin plywood. I have considered making a mold for pressing alum ribs but unless I was going to sell them, its not worth the time and trouble.  And its not worth the hassle trying to sell something.

Posted

I have considered making a mold for pressing alum ribs but unless I was going to sell them, its not worth the time and trouble.

You could just make a block and pound them out. Its been done for years for just one airplane. Just a thought.

Posted

A RotoZip tool is a guys best friend when makin the ribs out of wood.