Converting to a 912

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Well I can't say that I have emptied it out to try to get the max numbers but it won't do what others seem to be able to do. (but I got to thinking that I should check my vertical speed instrument just to see if it is reading correctly.  At about 1150 lbs it will climb at about 1100 FPM; take off roll is under 200'.  I have gotten off at under 100' but not without a bit of a headwind.  Cruise is up to 95 mph at about 5.5 to 6 gph,  WOT is about 105 mph at 8+ gph.  Slow cruise is about 64 mph at about 1 gph.  These numbers are with the 30" airstreaks on it.

I know I should do it for esthetics but actually the cowl extension is working pretty good and I got started building the new Avid Mini+ project so who knows when I will get working on a new cowling for it.  I always want to have a plane to fly if possible.

Oh, and the tubing is for the auxiliary tanks.  It gives me 38 gals of fuel with them on for hunting trips.  It has hauled some pretty amazing loads.

IMG_5414.PNG.[1].png

DSCN3449-1.jpg

Posted

I can't wait to see this thing here in the near future. It looks pretty amazing with some great numbers to boot. 

Did I miss something about a mini +?

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven’t seen anything about the mini project either. Randy, are you holding out on us? Where is the build log!? Haha