Hello from Alberta Canada

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone, I have been doing a lot of reading on this site and really enjoyed it. Thought it might be time to introduce myself. I’m Kent , I bought a Kit Fox III Kit and a IV from a fellow in Ontario a little over a year ago. I hauled it home built a garage and am just getting started on the build.

95163BEE-28AB-48E0-9E01-38F00642B0D6.jpeg

5 people like this

Posted

Awesome little planes and great fun, but think the guys around the airport may look at u funny dressed as spiderman,hahahaaaa   boy u know a guy could paint his plane to look like the spiderman suit would b COOL!!!

congrats on the plane, and new garage u will enjoy the buildin of the planes for sure, i know ive enjoyed mine. 

Bucky

Posted (edited)

Welcome aboard!  Nice first post, as I am sure you know, we love pics here!

:BC:

Edited by akflyer

Posted

Hi,

nice to see growing number of members. Keeping fingers and looking forward to see progress ;)

Posted

Spider man is my goofy 8 year old son. Which is another great thing about these planes, you can build them at home in your garage and still be part of your family. I’m partners with my nephew on a Zenair 601, everything you do to it has to be done at the hanger.

Posted

Very cool Kent Enjoy the build

Posted

Welcome Kent. I hope your Son takes interest in your project. I tried to get my Son involved but it was just not his thing. My Son does like to fly so I hope he will at least get into flying. Building your own plane is not for everyone for sure. A lot of time, focus and a huge learning curve. It's worth it I promise. Good luck on your build and if you need any help this is the right place for it. It's a honey hole of knowledge for Avids and Kitfox.

Posted

Boy thats for sure, when i bought my first one i came across this site, and i tell u all the people here r very helpful and there is lots of good advice and experience, i love this site!!!! 

My son wasnt into the planes either( he is 17 and 6' tall) but he is going to a school here (hutchardson caree center) and he is learning and wanting to stick with  2 stroke motor work, mostly for his polaris sleds he builds, but them 582 r not much different, i c he gets more into the plane idea as time goes on, so in time them kids grow and they will b into it also if they into building.  But if he dont i sure enjoy build a plane in one garage stall while he builds another snowmachince in the other stall. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Boy thats for sure, when i bought my first one i came across this site, and i tell u all the people here r very helpful and there is lots of good advice and experience, i love this site!!!! 

My son wasnt into the planes either( he is 17 and 6' tall) but he is going to a school here (hutchardson caree center) and he is learning and wanting to stick with  2 stroke motor work, mostly for his polaris sleds he builds, but them 582 r not much different, i c he gets more into the plane idea as time goes on, so in time them kids grow and they will b into it also if they into building.  But if he dont i sure enjoy build a plane in one garage stall while he builds another snowmachince in the other stall. 

ya when it comes to kids you have to take what you get, They may not always be interested in what we are but if you try hard enough there is always some common ground to be found

2 people like this

Posted

Welcome, Kent!  Looks like you've got a couple of nice built-up wings there.  Also looks like you're well on your way.  Unless you somehow scare the begeebies out of him in the process, once you take him up, the rest will be history!