Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

E-Tec or Polaris 800 conversions

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Rotax has said the 582 will end in the near future. I guess when is up to Rotax. The 912 is their bread and butter engine and at the prices, I would say the finest bread and butter you can buy.

Posted

There is an engine out there somewhere that is widely available that is perfect for the older Avid/Foxes. Nobody has run across it yet. In the meantime, we keep plugging along and keep searching. A true homebuilder's mind is always working and thinking. A little bit of Wilbur and Orville in all of us.

Yes there is.  It’s a 582. 

Posted

The very last engine I would put on an airplane is a Polaris 800... They can't keep them from blowing up in the sleds, I would never think of putting one in an airplane.

:BC:

Posted

There is an engine out there somewhere that is widely available that is perfect for the older Avid/Foxes. Nobody has run across it yet. In the meantime, we keep plugging along and keep searching. A true homebuilder's mind is always working and thinking. A little bit of Wilbur and Orville in all of us.

Yes there is.  It’s a 582. 

It might be for now! But good as it is, it still has some things to be careful of. And a lot of them out there in the air. No argument that its the go to engine for these type aircraft but I was talking about other alternative solutions. There are diehard Rotax fans, Subaru fans, Jabiru fans and Hirth fans, and no sense in chewing on this till something else pops up on the radar. We are not a multi-million dollar market so its unlikely unless its some homebuilder in the rear of his shop comes up with one for himself. And since most engines get trashed by a few, he will probably keep it to himself rather than get gutted for trying it. And I couldn't blame him.

2 people like this