Last year the 670 will work for ac use?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I found a deal on a 99 but I heard last year that will work for ac use is 95 due to boss’s on the case for something can’t remember what. 

Thanks

jamie

Posted

Generally ,if there is a rubber plug on the top of the flywheel housing the end of the crankcase can't be readily adapted for a gearbox. The engine with provision for an ignition pickup on the left and right side (like a 582)is the one you want.

Posted

Dusty

So if it has the rubber plug it won’t work for my use?

thanks

jamie

Posted

I have a Rotax Rick 670 that slips into the 582 mount, and has the Rotax C gearbox on its nose. Works like a charm. I get 600 fpm climb at 9000 feet density altitude here in Utah.  

IMG_0639.JPG

Posted

The one with the rubber plug would be difficult to install dual ignition. Also, the gearbox mounting area would need to be welded and then machined, which may be more effort than it's worth.The earlier case 670 is the one you want. Btw even the cranks are different as the flywheel key is 90 degree out. so make sure you get the correct crank and case. All other parts seem to be interchangeable .So the short answer is no. It won't work.

cheers

Dusty

Posted

Nlappos I would like to experience that is why I am looking for one  

Thanks dusty

i will pass on this one then 

1 person likes this