7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys,

Who knows where to get attachment tabs for the fuselage so i can rig up my skis ? 

Posted

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but I'll try to show what I did, and that may answer your question.  I've sometimes made SS tangs for the limiter cable ends out of some scrap stainless steel, but you can buy them from LEAF as well.   To connect those cables to the fuselage, I turned the front landing gear attachment bolts around so they face forward.  Then I only have to pull the nut off when I go to install the skis.  (Use a 1/8" longer bolt)  For the rear limiter cable, I've just used the tab that hangs down on the lift strut bracket.  Works good for me.  Hopefully, this picture will be clear enough to show where the cables attach.  JImChuk

new avid first flight 001 (Large) (2).jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Like Jim said, you just make some tabs that go on the gear bolts at the fuse.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

I just thought it would be as simple as going to (AS) and picking a couple of them up on their website. I picked up a pair or 42” trike skis from a guy in north pole ( fiberglass ) . The ss fittings are on the skis but i need 4 more for the fuselage attach points. I already picked up th new bolts when i put on the shock monster suspension. Cant wait to put the skis on. They are half the weight as my 29s and with density altitude at -4k alot of days around here right now, flying should be pretty good 

1 person likes this

Posted

Be careful with the short skis!  

you can get he tabs from AS but you can also make them from some 1/8" flat bar and drill a couple holes in them.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Look on page 31 of the Leading Edge Air Foils catalog.  They have SS tangs there.  JImChuk

onlinecatalog.leadingedgeairfoils.com/31/#zoom=z
https://www.leadingedgeairfoils.com/

1 person likes this

Posted

Motorcycle chain links work great for tabs.  Take the link apart and use the side plates.  You may need to drill them out a bit to fit the bolts and connector through the holes.

1 person likes this