Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Coolant

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Have a Soob EA81. Going to change out the overflow bottle, so thought I'd change out the coolant while I'm at it. Has the Dex-cool 50/50 in it now, orange stuff. It's supposed to be better for aluminum blocks, but have heard many auto mechanics cus it. Plugging up rads. I've always used the good old green stuff. What do you other soob guys and rotax aluminum block guys prefer? 

Posted

I changed to Dex cool about 200 hours ago nil problems.A Small irritating weep from the waterpump (912)at rest went away almost straight away.my 582 has done around 500 hours over 5 years with Dex cool cool,at maintainance time the radiator and engine are spotless.

Posted

Good to know, thanks Dusty

Posted

The coolant (DexCool) should be changed every 200 hours or so.  Over time the coolant gets more acidic as it reacts with the aluminum.  This slows to near zero the degradation of the block.

Posted

Did not know that Av8r3400, good to know also! I'll be changing it all out with fresh Dexcool when I find a suitable overflow bottle. Thanks all

Posted

Did not know that Av8r3400, good to know also! I'll be changing it all out with fresh Dexcool when I find a suitable overflow bottle. Thanks all

I used one of these on my first plane and again on the Mangy when I re-did the firewall forward.

Posted (edited)

I went to the local RC hobby store and picked up a plastic bottle for fillin the gastank on nitro powered RC cars/planes, has a nice tube that goes to bottom of bottle and it 1/4" diameter.  And was cheap course was on my 582 

Edited by Buckchop

Posted

I'm headed up to hangar today to get some measurements. Way things are routed really limits things, may have to get creative. Thanks for the ideas!20180517_134658.thumb.jpg.1ea6a2fd4b9cea