Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Above the smog

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Salt Lake and the surrounding valleys suffer from inversions which keep the smog down near the ground. Today the smog wasn't too bad and if you can get above it the mountains sticking up through it look almost mystical. A guy in my EAA chapter let me bum a ride today and it was gorgeous. Really looking forward to the day i get to see it from my kitfox. 

20190126_134346.jpg

20190126_133926.jpg

IMG_20190126_155353_875.jpg

20190126_134044.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

Very cool, thanks for posting the pictures.  I lived in Grantsville for 10 years back before I had a plane and was flying.  I remember I used to have to go skiing or get up in the Stansberry, Wasatch or other  mountains to get above the inversion smog in the winter, but it was usually beautiful when you got above it.  You will love having your KF to fly whenever you want to!

Posted (edited)

Very cool, thanks for posting the pictures.  I lived in Grantsville for 10 years back before I had a plane and was flying.  I remember I used to have to go skiing or get up in the Stansberry, Wasatch or other  mountains to get above the inversion smog in the winter, but it was usually beautiful when you got above it.  You will love having your KF to fly whenever you want to!

I grew up in Grantsville. My family moved there in 1990 and lived there for about 18 years.  I currently live in Stockton. When were you there?

Edited by Willja67

Posted

I was there from 1984- 1994 and worked at Tooele Army Depot.  It has been a long time ago now and understand it has grown a lot.  I sure enjoyed it when I was there; the bow hunting was a blast!