Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Take off Angle

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Randy Tyler got his new rotax 912 uls with Zipper kit 115hp installed.  Shortened his takeoff distance to a quarter of what it was.  I have the same engine setup in my AVID C.  Below are some pictures that show take off angle.  I can hold the AVID C at that angle with 50 mph climb until my nerves give up.  Randys take off climb is greatly improved.  I think he dropped 64 lbs by going with Rotax instead of Subaru. 

IMG_5414.PNG

IMG_5408.PNG

5 people like this

Posted

Space X launch!

Posted

I will be hitting you guys up for install info soon. Hoping to start my swap by March. 

Posted

It is a pretty fun launch alright!  It and the zero thrust line lets me cruise with the 30" airstreaks at 95 mph but burning 5 gph.  At 70 mph it is burning 3.5 gph.  The Subie with the 6.5 degree of down angle would only do 85 mph with these tires.  Have not tried WOT straight and level, it might do 100 which is pretty good with the tires and extended HH wings.  I can't wait to really see how much it changed my takeoff and landing distances and get some good measured lengths.

Give me a call any time Joey.

Posted

I will be hitting you guys up for install info soon. Hoping to start my swap by March. 

Okay.  Glad to help anytime.