Avid MK IV on barnstormers.

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe the deal of the day.  Not sure if everything listed if for that price.  $12,500 is not a lot for a MK IV by it's self.  JImChuk

AVID MK IV • $12,500 • FOR SALE with Heavy hauler wings - Rotax 582 – 80 TT (engine and air frame) - new IVO prop - Grove gear – Full Simpson harness - Electric elevator trim - transponder – Full manuals – Full Lotus FL1220, includes bladders, rudder, cross braces etc (never fitted) – electric start – very full instrument panel with EIS and AI included. Trailer with electric winch and (2 ¼) ball hitch. • Contact Tom Dempsey, Owner - located PEMAQUID, ME USA • Telephone: 917 678 3082 • Posted February 5, 2019 Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Pictures

1x1.gif

thumb.jpg?modified=1549309905thumb.jpg?modified=1549310022thumb.jpg?modified=1549310137thumb.jpg?modified=1549310960thumb.jpg?modified=1549310161

Posted

beautiful plane

Posted (edited)

I just talked to the owner, I was curious.  He is about 80, isn't flying any more.  Trailer and floats go with it.  One wing has to be removed to fit in the trailer.  He was second owner, and has had it for about 5 years.  Seemed like a straight up guy, and said he has a big pickup and doesn't mind driving if need be.   This really is a steal for everything that's here.  I kind of told him that as well, so don't anyone try to low ball him.  I was tempted to get serious, the plane by it's self should be worth more than the asking price for everything.  JImChuk

PS  paperwork seems to be in order on FAA site, no damage history found either

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

Agree! That's a great deal.

Posted

WE can all pitch in money and buy it for the forum

Posted

WE can all pitch in money and buy it for the forum

I'll store it in my hangar!  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Too cold, maybe find somewhere with a more stable climate...maybe hazel kentucky

1 person likes this

Posted

I'll check it out for everybody at my place. Shouldn't take more than a few months.

1 person likes this

Posted

It’s like a time share, I call 2 weeks in spring!

Posted

Whatever one decides, its a great deal. I've got sticker shock from just buying the needed stuff for my model 2. Like I said before, any flying Avid/Fox that is legal is worth 15-20K at the least. And that price is increasing every month. Engine parts, engines and all the assoc. stuff is getting outrageous. Find a good deal now  days, you better have the money in hand, and ready to give it away. A Avid/Fox at a good price is getting rare to find and some are buying them up quick. A poor man's Maule, Super Cub, or mini bush plane is like gold now days. Try to dicker and you just might lose out. Some of you that have reconditioned an older plane know what I mean. Scrounging is now an art form.

Posted (edited)

Boy u have that right, ive knoticed a big difference in just my last two plus yrs of owning them, Kitfox and Avid parts and planes r growin in populartiy. So much info out there on them now, and the massive amount of buildin/flyin Utube videos help.  

I call mine a "poor mans supercub" too, no way i can afford to bang up one of those supercubs ect, I couldnt even afford the gas!!!!

Edited by Buckchop

Posted

The airframe stuff isn't bad for a few of us, we can build new stuff. One good thing about the older Avid/Foxes is they can be rebuilt from raw material from a supplier such as AS&S. Engines, is a different story. Most have to buy that from somebody and pay the price. A 12K Mark 4 is worth that in parts alone plus all the other goodies you get with it. It won't last long. A real Super Cub, I couldn't pay the insurance and taxes on it, let alone the upkeep. I can't see paying alimony to an airplane. Ex-wives are bad enough!

2 people like this

Posted

Ad unavailable today.

Posted

Yea! somebody scarfed that one up quick. Deals like that one don't happen very often. I'd say it never left the state, bought by someone local. We'll probably see it posted again soon for double the price.

Posted

Ok i have a question....... Taxes???? On an airplane? WTH??? Never heard of that b4 sounds about like havin to pay taxes on the property u own. And they take if u dont pay.  Who told them they have a right to do that?? Hahahhaaaaa

Posted

Mine's not an airplane, its an off road vehicle, taxes are cheaper. Well occasionally its on a road, when nobody's watching. Landed my old model 4 on a county road several years back and the state got a little peeved. It ended up being a precautionary landing and they calmed down. They said I'd have to go get the trailer, so I started walking away, till they left. Guess what happened then? 

Posted

Ok i have a question....... Taxes???? On an airplane? WTH??? Never heard of that b4 sounds about like havin to pay taxes on the property u own. And they take if u dont pay.  Who told them they have a right to do that?? Hahahhaaaaa

They tax us down here.  A borough tax and a city tax.  That's why I moved mine away from the local airport so the city can't tax me on it as well.  Granted, the tax is not much, but I don't like paying taxes for absolutely nothing to these government overspenders.

Posted (edited)

Mmm well i think i c, taxes r no fun, and ill say, with some luck, i hope i never have to pay taxes on an airplane, guess that y i dont park or fly from an airport i dont own, heck property taxes of $14,000 a yr here tho for 380 acres, but then i have MSHA part46 & 48 to boot crawling up my @$$ 6-7 months out of each yr.  Hahahahaaaaa :flamegun:

Edited by Buckchop
1 person likes this