Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Questions 580?? 582?? 583??

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this has been discussed but i didnt have much luck surching, there a guy here has a 1994 mach 1, with what he says is a 580 with rave valves. Then another guy here has a 670 rave valve motor and it has the correct case on mag side  

Whats is the difference of a sled motor and aircraft motor, ive cn them listed as 580,582,583,670. My son has a buddy with a skidoo 500 with rave valves also and its about the same vintage,  

so should we b buying up them earlie sled motors that have the right mag side case provisions? Rotax Rick buys 670 sled motors and mods them for aircraft use inside and adds 582 electronics. 

Edited by Buckchop
1 person likes this

Posted

There is a 90 horse 583 ready to go for 1500 bucks on ebay. What's wrong with it  

Posted

Well Browning i cant answer that, but the two motors im talkin about that i know of here have the correct case, both runing and  in sleds,  and the 580 was $200. And the 670 was $250. 

Also i know of a HUGE pile of rotax motor parts here in town, but have passed the word around some and nobody interested in the pile my buddy has, i know im not interested i have 5 motors and only 3 planes. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Is the 670 still available. 

Posted

Im not sure was on Craigslist Fairbanks Ak in the atv,snowmachine,utv section 

1 person likes this