Throttle control for 582

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I would like to simplify the throttle control setup in my Avid with a 582 oil injected. Currently it is setup with a vernier/push pull cable in the panel that connects to the end of a throttle arm type arrangement on top of the engine. From that arm a single pull cable is connected with a cable combiner to the carbs and oil injection. My Avid does not have the cable quadrant setup welded to the fuselage frame in the cockpit under the panel. I would really like to eliminate the throttle arm that is bolted to the top of the engine. The factory type combiner under the panel would be great but for my plane but that would seem to be a major project involving welding in the cockpit area. Does anyone have any other setups or ideas that I might try?

Sorry, I should have taken pictures but everything is disassembled right now with the engine off and engine mount removed to paint. I did not think of this change until I started to reassemble everything.

Thanks,

Dan

Posted

Does anyone have or has anyone flown an Avid or Kitfox with a throttle quadrant instead of a push/pull cable?

Dan

Posted

Fred storkĀ i think runs a quadrant on the left side