Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

certificate of conformity

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I am the proud owner of a beatiful Avid. It was built from kit SN 566. Is currently identified in Romania as primary ultralight. The national aviation regulation provides that this category is not allowed to carry passengers. So I have to taste the pleasure of flying alone. To register the plane in the advanced category, I need a Declaration of Conformity on the kit bought from Avid . The Declaration of Conformity refers to the condition of the kit up to the point of departure from the factory, no more. The quality will be determined by the inspectors here.How can i have this document ?

best regards

Posted

I have never hear of such documentation. The original factory is no longer in business and the company has changed owners several times. The best you will do for documentation is finding someone with a kit parts list issued by the factory and delivered with a kit. 

I wish you luck 

:BC:

Posted

Hi Gilutm, the Avid Model C that I purchased was initally built as Amateur built aircraft in Canada. It is similar to what you are describing however Transport Canada Inspectors had to come out and conduct a multitude of inspections and tests as the aircraft was being built. I suspect it maybe the same in Romania as well, in Canada our Advanced Ultralight category is the same as your primary ultralight. Your Advanced Ultralight seems to be the same as our Amateur built category. I do not know if the current owner would be able to supply that cert for you, but its worth a shot.

Its important for me, to keep the Amateur built identification as it allows me to easily fly all over North America, even to the US if I wanted to, with special protocols of course....

Lots of red tape....