Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid for sale in France

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

https://www.forum-ulm-ela-lsa.net/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=11054

This machine seems interesting: its a Speedwing shortwing with leading edge slats (to comply with the French ultralight requirement of a stall speed below 65km/h)

Seems to be a C model with Mk IV cowling. (on the right in the picture)

2016-08-10 10.54jumeaux.jpg

Edited by Jeromef
1 person likes this

Posted

I was very interested in this topic as I have a speed wing, it has an extra rib bay so the wings are about 17" wider that the standard. Does anyone else know about this modification? it's claimed that this aircraft has a 40kph stall that about 24 mph my indicated stall is 46 mph. O course I'm looking for the best of both worlds, the cruse on the speed wing is good even with the 582  I'm getting 75 to 80 mph @ 5000 rpm indicated. At the moment I'm over the hedge at around 60 mph if this is a practical mod then I should be over the hedge at 40 mph maybe a risky 35 mph ;)

I've a few hours in the Durine turbulent and they have slats and know that when they let's go you best have some height or you'll lightly be tucked away in the corner pocket known as coffin corner. This is why we had stall warning lights fitted that gave ample warning it being a club aircraft.

Any info would be very much appreciated :)

Posted

There are a couple of posts about slats here:

Ken