2 stroke oil source

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm trying to find a good inexpensive source for 2 stroke oil. I'm currently using Quicksilver PWC Full Synthetic and since I'm not burning AVGas I'm inclined to keep using it. I found Wholesale Marine selling it at $34.44 a gallon which is close to seven dollars cheaper than my local Wal-Mart. Here's a link to the website https://www.wholesalemarine.com/quicksilver-full-synthetic-pwc-oil-92-8m0058908.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw96fkBRA2EiwAKZjFTfKEFcSrY0PXPPZ-hQirlZpW377Ad2Kq0yyyyJpwQi0aOXFde_u2sRoCDPoQAvD_BwE.  If I buy 3 gallons I can get free shipping and all total it'll equal around $.75 / gallon mixing it 50:1 in my fuel.

So where and how have you all been getting your oil? Have any good sources, is there anything cheaper out there?

Posted

I use Amsoil Interceptor. Try your Coastal Farm and Ranch. 

Posted

I use Amzoil Interceptor. I pay for a distributor account and get a discount. I can always drop ship you some too if you are interested. My cost of course.  I am going to have to make an order here soon myself. I buy a case at a time (4 gallons per case). After looking at my cylinders over the winter and the fact that it makes far less mess on the plane because its clear I wont go back to the QS. I have nothing against QS and still run it in my Jet skis just like the Amzoil better for the plane. :)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Since on the discussion of 2stroke oil, ive been useing Lucas semi synthetic oil, $39.99 per gallon, have been having good results so far, and dont seem make a mess on bottom of plane, anyone have good or bad info on it?

On my sleds ive always used Amzoil Interceptor, but it is hard to get here sometimes, and expensive, and i dont like mixing brands together if can help it

Edited by Buckchop