Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bungees

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Got the bungees on (myself) and wheels on! First bungee took an hour, second took 15 minutes.  With a little help from a ratchet strap.

4 people like this

Posted

I will have to say, the big tires make it look mean. I didn't realize tires could change the overall look that much. And these are the standard 21" tires, can't imagine how 26" or 27" ones look. Awesome! I spent 30 minutes just looking at it. Guess I am weird.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't see anything weird about that..... :lmao: In fact I resemble that remark.  JImChuk 

3 people like this

Posted

At least I am not the only slightly weird crazy airplane nut out there.  Maybe just a half bubble off level.

2 people like this

Posted

Or, a half quart low. Or a brick shy of a full load. We 're all crazy to throw money into a hole in the air for the fun of it.

2 people like this

Posted

Got the bungees on (myself) and wheels on! First bungee took an hour, second took 15 minutes.  With a little help from a ratchet strap.

Allen, do you have a description or even better yet, pictures of how you did bungees by yourself?

Posted

Kitfox Dave, does it with help, but I've done it by myself using another piece of wood to hold the hammer handle tight, jam the other piece of wood between the end of the handle and a tube in the belly of the plane.  I also used a stick under the plane that was just a shade to long to jam the bungee against the landing gear to lock it in place there.  I ended up stretching the bungees pulling down as well as pulling up doing it like that.  JImChuk

Posted

Just about the same as Jim except I used a ratchet strap to pull it tight and hold it while positioning the wood handle.

Posted

I didn't tie the second loop on the bungees till I was done with the stretching.  Then I looped it over the knob and clamped off the loose end of the bungee with a pair of vice grips.  Then I tied the loop off with safety wire.  Way easier to pull the end of the bungee through with out a loop on the end.  Also the bungee was about a foot longer then needed so I had something to hold onto at the end...  I did use a magic marker to mark the bungee where the loop should be, and also where it would cross the tubes on top and bottom.  Total length devided by number of wraps to figure out where to put the marks... JImChuk