Insurance prices

15 posts in this topic

Posted

This topic comes up often, and I'll tell what I can about it.  I've always had Falcon and a year ago, the price almost doubled for no good reason.  I had no new claims or accidents or anything, and I heard that many others had their prices go up almost double as well.  I was going to have to renew soon, so I checked out Avemco finally as they are always sending advertisements in the mail, and just now got a policy with them.  For the same coverage, it is 35% less then Falcon.  Wasn't to hard to jump ship at that rate.  Maybe this will help someone else.  It seems it pays to shop around sometimes.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

I used Falcon for years. They were the best price and allowed a 1000 foot home base grass airstrip. The others didn't like 1000-feet back then.

I switched to Avemco when I got the Fat Avid done after shopping around a little. They are treating me very well. I am paying less for Avemco now than Falcon 6 years ago and price is not different for tailwheel like it was with Falcon. When I went from trigear to tailwheel with the Magnum, Falcon raised their price for TW.

Posted

Just out of curiosity what are you guys paying for insurance? 

Posted

I have Avemco, and have $15k hull, $1000 deductible, plus $500K liability. Yearly premium is $1074

1 person likes this

Posted

500 K liability, $417 for the year.  Falcon was up to $636 after being $366 for years.  JImChuk

Posted

Do they base the amount on logged TW time?

Posted

I suppose somewhat.  Don't know what they consider low TW time where they would bump  up the price though.  I say give them a call.  (knowledge is power :-)     JImChuk

Posted

$60k in motion Hull, $0 deductible, $1M Liability.

$1100 Annually from Falcon.

1 person likes this

Posted

Avemco likes at least 100 hrs of TW time.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have never purchased hull insurance figuring that if I ball it up I fix it at my cost. Sorta wished I had purchased hull when I balled up the Magnum, but I've stuck to my guns and still don't by hull coverage. I get the maximum liability and property damage they will sell, and end up paying $376/yr. Avemco is not charging me a premium for TW. Falcon did charge more for TW than trike.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the #s guys.   Shows I'm getting ripped off with Gallagher!

$630/yr for storage only ($30k value - non motion while I repower)  :wacko::blink:

Time to shop around!!

1 person likes this

Posted

750'000$ liability only cost 380$ a year.......with Air1 insurance

1 person likes this

Posted

$25k Hull, $0 deductible, $1M Liability.

$1089 Annually from Falcon.  Commercial w/ instrument rating, 800 hr.

Posted (edited)

How bout Life insurance?

Mine found out that I fly small airplanes and canceled Me.  I even said I'm not flying just to kill my self.

I checked with one company and they want 2500 for the first year  then it goes down after that.  I said um No.

Edited by TJay

Posted

I use Lincoln Benefit Life sold through the Pilot Insurance Center.  PICLife.com

The premium was reasonable for 20 year level term. 

1 person likes this