Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flight up the Pacific Coastline

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Today I headed West to Point Reyes and flew up the coast over Dillion Beach to Bodega Bay. I've been wanting to do that flight for a while and have tried several times but I always hit fog. It's all wildlife area so stayed up high but it sure is pretty over there. I proposed to my wife on Dillion Beach. The flight over was awesome but we got a big blow out of the North come through today. I had 25-30 off the nose going back and when I got within ear shot of the AWOS it was 340 17 gust 24. Our runway is 02-20. 40 degress off at 24 is pretty sporty in my 535lb airplane that lands at 35mph. I was happy when I got it back into the hangar that's for sure. Even taxiing was scary.

Pics

Napa Valley

IMG_1245.jpg

Just North of Pt Reyes

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

Dillion Beach...Nice place even to drive too..off the beaten path of the PCH.

IMG_1258.jpg

Was trying to get the nothing but blue shot out the window

IMG_1264.jpg

My first time over open water

IMG_1267.jpg

Love the coastline

IMG_1269.jpg

Bodega Bay

IMG_1271.jpg

Little Fog

IMG_1275.jpg

Posted

Beautiful country! I would be hard pressed to fly over a beach like that without putting tracks on it.... Did I mention I love Alaska cause we can do that on just about any beach we want :lol:

I love it when people get out and fly these birds over areas of, gasp, rugged terrain or open water especially with a 2 stroke in the nose! Keep the pics coming! I hope to be able to add some pics muself as I will have 3 weeks off next time and plan on getting out and burning some sky for once this summer.

:BC: