New Camit engine for sale

6 posts in this topic

Posted

My friend is selling his brand new Camit 2200 engine.

It's still in the original box unused.

He bought it from Camit as a spare for his Avid MK4, but now flies an RV6 so will not be using it.

Let me know if interested and I will let him know your interest so he can contact you.

John M

Posted

My friend has decided to keep his Camit engine. This is because he found out that the standard 2200 engine mount for his Avid MK4 is not currently available from Jabiru. 

When Jabiru changed from CNC cylinders with removable heads to a cast, one-piece Jug and head of all aluminum instead of a steel cylinder and aluminum head, Jabiru raised the top two engine mounts appx 10 mm to allow the mounts to clear the larger heads.

He knows this because this is what I am running into as I try to change my 2200 to a new Gen 4 2200 on my MK4.

John M

Posted

Modifying the mount would take a few hours of cutting and welding.  Should not be a show stopper to replace a couple tubes on an engine mount.

1 person likes this

Posted

Turns out that they raised the top two mount points 15mm instead of the 8mm I stated. 

I have a couple of guys looking into modifying my mount.

John M

Posted

That's a good looking engine. I have always wondered what kind of power plant it would make for an Avid.

Posted

That's a good looking engine. I have always wondered what kind of power plant it would make for an Avid.

I've flown about 550 hrs behind my serial # 903 solid lifter engine.  It's not a 912, but probably better then a 582.   JImChuk

1 person likes this