Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

embedding a you tube video

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys,

It took me awhile to figure out how to embed the you tube videos here. It seems different versions of the software do it different ways. Here is how this software does it (super darn easy)!

Hit the "reply" button, or start a new topic.

Above the box that you are typing in, there should be the tool bar that has the "B" "I" "U" etc. in. The one you want should be on the far right that looks like 3 pictures. When you put the cursor over it is should say "insert media". Click this button and paste the youtube link in the little box that pops up.

So, you need to open the youtube video that you want to embed, and copy the link out of the browser address bar (drag your cursor over the www.XXX part and highlight it, then right click the mouse and hit copy). Hit the "insert media" button and then paste the link into that window. Whala. you just embeded a video! this will work with youtube, google vids, videome etc.

If this does not make sence to you when you try it, I will try and explain it further.

Posted

How do you get the U-tube Screen on the forum and not just the link ?

Posted

Trying one...

Posted (edited)

Trying to show the text method, but it won't allow mr to type it as an example.

Click on the "three overlapping picture" icon on the top right of the posting window. This will give you a place to put the URL of the video link. Just like when you put a hyperlink into your text.

It says "insert Media" if your put your curser over it and hover.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

The "insert media" button is not available for me, seems like the rest of the buttons are there.  Any thoughts as to why that is the case?

Posted

Paul you don't need to hit any buttons just simply put the link to the video in the box. The forum does it automatically for you

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I will try this again.  Do you know this guy, there is a picture of you and your plane at Mile High on one of his videos if I am not mistaken Joey.

http://youtu.be/GBpP_of0ARc

Edit: Well crap, I just don't get Joey.  I think that I followed your directions and this is where I end up.  Oh well.

Edited by C5Engineer

Posted

Joey,

I can't figure it out either. What video box? I can get the link inserted, but not the U-tube player window.

Mark

Posted (edited)

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted (edited)

I just put the URL of the YouTube video in the text of the post and there it is...

New software is even easier.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted (edited)

Larry here is what happens with the same video for me.

Ok, it worked this time, first time that I know of and I have done it the same each time, :dunno: Edited by Paul S

Posted

Yay for Paul! :french11: