Help identifying this engine mount pattern

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking for a little help in possibly identifying the bolt pattern on this engine mount. It's a Volkswagen that is mounted in the front end of my A model but it's not welded it's bolted. I'm hoping it's a pattern for something else and I can just swap out a 582 mount. Without fabricating something. 

It has six attachment points. Two at the very top where the supports come from the windshield and then four across the bottom that look like they all connect with tubing clusters? Hopefully I can get these pictures to load.

For some reason I'm not able to upload pictures on here anymore. I did in the beginning when I posted my instrument panel but it won't let me anymore. I'll keep trying.

Posted

no luck.... ugh

Posted

Here are the dimentions on a standard avid firewall.  Top two holes are 8 1/4" C - C.   Bottom row are 30 1/4" outer holes  C-C, inner holes are 8 1/4" C-C   Top row to bottom row of holes is 10 1/4" C-C   Hope that helps, and that I read the blue print right.  :-)   JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

For those who are interested Double Clutch texted me the pics. Here is one of them. 

13315.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks JImChuk. 

I ran out and measured my mount. It was a little tough but this is what I came up with. 

Top is 8 1/2 

Bottom is 28 1/8

Bottom inner 10

And inner bottom to top 9

They can be off a little become of the angle I was looking at. That does make me a little encouraged however because the measurements you gave were still within the mounts on the firewall. So I can definitely make a standard 582 engine mount work. Is there a difference between the upright and upside-down mounts?

Jeff 

Posted

Kitfox ran the engines with the plugs up, Avid always had the plugs down.  Kitfox mount is also different from the Avid at the firewall.  Plugs down allows for the engine to sit lower, and gives better forward visability over the nose.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Kitfox ran the engines with the plugs up, Avid always had the plugs down.  Kitfox mount is also different from the Avid at the firewall.  Plugs down allows for the engine to sit lower, and gives better forward visability over the nose.  JImChuk

thanks again Jim.