Reality ?

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

no longer need 

Edited by zadwit
no longer need

Posted

Red Green could have that flying in an afternoon with a couple of rolls of duct tape..

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks like our own John Knapp was the builder of that plane.  Maybe he will chime in.  I see on the FAA site it says Just aircraft was the kit maker.  JImChuk

Posted

YEP

plane was known as a Easey RAIDER,Just,s name for exported skyraider,yes  built per European specs, you should've gotten lots of paperwork from the fellow you bought it from because I gave him the building manual , receipts from all the purchases of materials etc. 

Truthfully, it didn't fly near as good as my A model Avid!!!!

If I can be any help, PM me

IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

Posted

I never had any problems with my SkyRaider 1. It was a blast to fly.

Posted

I seen the aircraft on barnstormers for sale. Considered it but might have been more work than I wanted to tackle. Came close to ordering a RidgeRunner Kit from Stace but found this model 2 locally. Turned out to be the same amount of work involved as building a new kit, just somewhat less money.

Posted

I liked the Ridge Runner 2 w/jump seat but Stace's kit price was more than I give for the model 2. And the Kitfox has a long standing reputation as a safe stable machine.  I built and flew a model 4 back in the early 90's. Of course all kits are expensive nowdays.

Posted

Thats the big problem right now, to make and sell a kit cost the MFG. more than flying or complete aircraft are available on the market right now...and Im sure the kit manufacturers are pretty bitter and upset, having put years into the building and marketing and selling of the kits...still they should realize they can make money just selling parts to a lot of us who dont want to spend months making a jig and welding up parts we might need after an incident.

Atlle Dodge in Anchorage Alaska made a good living buy making bolt on parts for super cubs.. He used to do rebuilds years ago but told me he could make more money selling mods, especially bolt on mods....ones that are easy for the owner to put on the plane...

1 person likes this

Posted

Might be one reason some are buying up the older Avid/Foxes, parts to sell. One is worth more in parts than complete.

Posted

Atle Dodge was smart. He took phone calls ,orders and actually shipped parts. These kit manufactures now never answer their phones and never get parts out in a timely matter. Nobody to blame but themselves. 

2 people like this