Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid Catalina on barnstormers

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Just saw this on barnstormers.  Maybe of interest to someone.  JImChuk

AVID CATALINANEW TO MARKET Amphibian kit. As delivered in original shipping container. Make Offer. • Contact Steven C. Weller, Owner - located Elizabethville, PA USA • Telephone: 717-773-0297 • Fax: 717-362-4193 • Posted May 25, 2019

Posted

That's one state away from me. Wonder if it includes water? Not many ponds or small lakes around here.

Posted

Was looking on Barnstormers this morning and wasn't any older Avid's/Foxes on there for sale. Seems like the older ones are being bought up as soon as they come up for sale. A few of the high dollar ones for sale but none below 30K. Could be good or bad depending on if you are selling or buying. I guess the days of 8-15K Avid/Foxes are gone. As I figured, a <20K bush/rough field aircraft is in demand. But then I have been wrong before, divorced both of them. Expensive too!

Posted

I agree with your evaluation of the market... there are "X" number of these built and flying and no new ones being built (of the old Avid KF model4 or early type) and every year more of them get destroyed by weather or accidents. I sold my KF4 with a factory new 582, grove gear spare NEW Aerolux prop for 20K and had people fighting to get it,...I knew I screwed when the first guy called and bought it sight unseen, then 1/2 hr later someone else called I said sold already and he offer me $5000 more to sell to him and he would come that day to get it....!! My old man said I was a FU, guess he was right!!

Posted

Probably a few get destroyed but I'd say most get bought and held onto. A lot of older pilots (including me) are going to them because of the Light Sport rule  and a lot of them are old tail dragger pilots so its the perfect aircraft for them. I really think the value of the older Avid/Foxes will go up in the time ahead. Even parts are hard to find for them and expensive. So if you've got one and don't have a crisis, better hang on to it.

Posted

I think you guys are simply not correct, the age of the Avids below 20K is still with us. Kitfoxes are more, for sure, based on uninformed word of mouth, I think, but Avids are still reasonable in price.  I recall several 16K avids, including a Mark IV, in the last few months. Proof, you ask? Here is a listing on Barnstormers right now:

AVID FLYER • FOR SALE • Avid flyer speedwing $16.500 or trade. for pictures call steve. currently at pmh. Minford oh. • Contact Steve Sexton, Owner - located South Shore, KY USA • Telephone: 7409816324 • Posted May 12, 2019 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad

Posted

I bought my speedwing for 12k + 800 for the  trailer. Needs some minor wiring when i get time but thats it.
Id be very happy to see them go to 20+ k though... 8k profit in 6 months would be sweet :P

1 person likes this

Posted

I had my Avid Mark IV for sale on barnstormers back in April I believe.

Asking $25,000 

Came with rotax Ricks 670 with under 10 hrs since install by a AI

Trailer was included.

Newer re cover by insurance because of a ground loop.All work was done by ai by insurance co.

Not 1 phone call.

Forgot how to post pictures here.