wanted: fibreglass seat pan Avid MK IV

6 posts in this topic

Posted

i'm looking for a fibreglass seat to fit in my Model C Avid flyer that i'm building.. i know most people like the "comfort" of the sling seat more, but since i'm 6ft 3 headroom is the comfort i'm looking for and i am not getting it with the sling seat... plus i've already spent a short time in a mk iv with the original fibreglass seat and quite liked the seating position. 

so if anybody has a fibreglass one he wants to part with, let me know. 

i live in europe, but can arrange overseas shipping, so offers from all continents are welcome :)

cheers 

Pascal 

Posted

I will keep my eye's open. I have one in my Mark IV and iike it. They came from the factory with two different color of covers. The one I have is lite gray with black and red strip. The other one was a multi colored black. My plane is white and black so I'd like to find or trade someone for the black one. 

myavid.jpg

Posted

I believe I have one from a C model.  I'll get some pictures later today of it.  JImChuk

PS  for the extra headroom, at one time Avid supplied a domed skylight that gave more room.  Maybe you could find someone to make a skylight for you to give some extra headroom also.   

Avid 1.jpg

Avid 8.jpg

Posted

Here is a link to a company that makes lots of different sizes of skylights.  I think one could be made to work for added headroom.  JImChuk

https://www.eztopsworldwide.com/skylights.htm

1 person likes this

Posted

Here is a link to a company that makes lots of different sizes of skylights.  I think one could be made to work for added headroom.  JImChuk

https://www.eztopsworldwide.com/skylights.htm

That is a great outlet. I'll pass that link onto my Zenith peeps. Thanks for sharing. :BC:

Posted

Well I went looking for the fiberglass seat, and didn't find it.  I must have sold it to someone.   Sorry!  JImChuk