Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MKIV for sale on Barnstormers

9 posts in this topic

Posted

AVID MK IV • FOR SALE • AVID MK IV $7500 Full instrumentation FULL Lotus Floats All documentation • Contact Tom Dempsey, Owner - located PEMAQUID, ME USA • Telephone: 917 678 3082 • Posted June 15, 2019 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures

1x1.gif

thumb.jpg?modified=1560593779thumb.jpg?modified=1560593801thumb.jpg?modified=1560593817thumb.jpg?modified=1560593831

Posted

Add was pulled

Posted

Must have sold quick.  I talked to him this morning.  Think he was getting deluged with calls.  I would have grabbed it if it wasn't 1610 miles from me....(why do I know exactly how far away it is??? :-)  JImChuk

Posted

Needs a lot of TLC.  Jaws went down to buy it and passed,and he drove down from AK to get it.  Trailer is a rusted out POS too.

Posted

Didn't know anything about a trailer, are we talking about the same plane? ??? Owner didn't mention a trailer when I talked to him.  He did say he only had it for about 18 months though, and by searching the net, I found that he bought it in 2010 or 2011.  He kind of stammered and stuttered a bit when I told him that.  One thing is for sure, if it seems to good to be true, it usually is.  Still and all, $7500 is not very much money, maybe even if it needs a recover.  JImChuk

Posted

The ones on barnstormers don't last long anymore. That might have been a steal or a green eyed monster. Sometimes a $7500 aircraft can turn into a 20K project. I've seen that happen a few times. A good solid fuselage is probably worth that alone. Most owners have some idea of what these aircraft are worth and one at rock bottom prices is rare unless there are problems with it. Most of the good ones at a cheap price are sold locally and never hit the market.  I have noticed lately that they are getting harder to come by. Maybe I am just partial to Avid/Foxes, and evidently from the advertisements, not the only one.

Posted

I did purchase this plane in February this spring and wasnt able to pick it up until May. Upon arrival the enclosed trailer that was included AT THE TIME. Was not road worthy at all, let alone a trip to AK. So it didnt work out and time constraints(long story) we made our way home with our tails tucked between our legs. Lol. Lesson learned i guess. Hindsight IF WE HAD TIME. We woulda shopped around for a suitable trailer,  price haggled with the owner over the derelict trailer, pulled the plane outta the other trailer put it together, got it wrapped up and been on our way.

Posted

I did purchase this plane in February this spring and wasnt able to pick it up until May. Upon arrival the enclosed trailer that was included AT THE TIME. Was not road worthy at all, let alone a trip to AK. So it didnt work out and time constraints(long story) we made our way home with our tails tucked between our legs. Lol. Lesson learned i guess. Hindsight IF WE HAD TIME. We woulda shopped around for a suitable trailer,  price haggled with the owner over the derelict trailer, pulled the plane outta the other trailer put it together, got it wrapped up and been on our way.

Jaws 136, Was the plane worth what he was asking for it in this add in your opinion?  JImChuk

Posted

If one was handy with paint and maybe fabric. The fuse had some rust and flaking places as well. But worth the price imo. 88hrs on the ticker i believe.