Parting out KF1 FWF

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm selling off the rotax 532 fwf from my KF1. It only had 75 hrs on it and no damage history. I expect the engine itself is pretty much a boat anchor at this point. At present i still have everything and perhaps aside from the gascolator am selling it all. Cowling,  engine mount, rotax a gearbox, dual carb with quite a few supplies to rebuild the carbs. Mikuni pump, radiator,  hoses, expansion tank coolant reservoir. It's all here. Make me an offer. Don't see it here ask.

20190603_203137.jpg

20190603_203147.jpg

20190603_203031.jpg

20190603_203039.jpg

20190603_202752.jpg

20190603_203023.jpg

Posted

Also selling fiberglass seat pan and upholstery and both aluminum control sticks and the pushrod between the 2 sticks. 

Seat pan is in excellent condition no noticeable cracks and upholstery is dusty but in good condition

20190615_210304.jpg

Posted

Since I'm ditching the 2 stroke i don't need the video anymor. If someone takes enough of the parts with a good offer I'll throw it in for free. Otherwise make me an offer

20190615_221938.jpg

Posted (edited)

Also selling fiberglass seat pan and upholstery and both aluminum control sticks and the pushrod between the 2 sticks.

do you happen to know if that seat pan would also fit in an Avid Model C? i am looking for a seatpan for mine to sit lower than with the sling seat.

or let me rephrase that question.. does this look like a kitfox to you? :) (that's the avid model c where the seat pan should go in )

IMG_20190616_231234.jpg

Edited by Pascal

Posted

do you happen to know if that seat pan would also fit in an Avid Model C? i am looking for a seatpan for mine to sit lower than with the sling seat.

or let me rephrase that question.. does this look like a kitfox to you? :) (that's the avid model c where the seat pan should go in )

IMG_20190616_231234.jpg

short answer: Nope

Posted

I was curious about if the seat pans would interchange, and so I grabbed a seat pan from the Kitfox 4 and set it into the MK IV fuselage I have.  It was close but not quite.  Then I measured from the seat truss top tube to the tube the top back of the seat sits on.  The Avid measured 28 1/2", and the Kitfox was 29 1/2".   Don't know if the dimentions on the Kitfox 1 is the same as the 4, but it would be about 3" narrower at the top for sure.  JImChuk

Posted

thank you both for your replies.. looks like i'll have to start fiberglassing myself :)

Posted (edited)

Here are a few more parts that could use a good home. The cowling is in excellent condition only one very small chip that I've found and without the myriad of hairline cracks that fiberglass sometimes develops. 

20190617_200559.jpg

20190617_200959.jpg

20190617_201121.jpg

Edited by Willja67

Posted

Sent u a message about the whole lot of parts. 

Posted

Anyone interested in this custom cowling I was building? Not going to be using it. Seems a shame to waste that much work so I'll let it go for $20. That's less than the materials in it. The workmanship isn't very good or at least I learned a lot doing it. Probably chop it up and toss it if no one's interested. 

Build thread here: 

http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/index.php?/topic/6272-repairs-mods-custom-cowl-new-gearetc/&page=4

20190618_213234.jpg

Posted

The gear box is spoken for but everything else is still up for grabs.