Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Closer

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Got all the wiring done, hooked up the battery, flipped the switch, no sparks, smoke or melted wires. Also ordered the prop.  Hopefully in a couple weeks, engine noises!

2 people like this

Posted

Congratulations on the "No sparks".

Posted

Congrats!! It's always bad thing to let the smoke out.

Posted

Had a long time Fox pilot come by today and look at my Fox. It brought back some good memories for him. He has had a model 2 and a couple model 4's. Said for this area, a 1, 2 or 3 couldn't be beat. Of course I kind of knew that. He did say a boot full of left rudder was needed on take off. I expected that. Kind of backs up what I have been saying all along. Nothing better than a 1, 2 or 3 (including Avids) for STOL performance. My model 4 impressed me so I am expecting good things from the 2. Speed doesn't turn my crank, 60 mph is my favorite. Speed is only good if its getting dark, the FAA is chasing you or you're late for a date or supper!

3 people like this

Posted

Glad you are making good progress on your Model 2.  Your old model 4 is almost on hold lately.  Had to many other things to do and not much getting done on it.  Fuel and brake lines, wiring, instrument panel, windows and windscreen still left to do.  You will probably be flying before me.  But that's ok, I do have the Avid to fly.  JImChuk

Posted

Progress slow but moving forward. This has been the busiest spring for me that I can remember. I vote for a 36 hour day.

Posted

Progress slow but moving forward. This has been the busiest spring for me that I can remember. I vote for a 36 hour day.

Lately here in the country we have been on full African mode. For you city guys, that means, deep in Africa every morning when the sun comes up, a gazelle knows he must outrun the fastest lion or get eaten. Every morning when the sun comes up a lion knows he must outrun the slowest gazelle or starve. Point is that it doesn't matter if you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, your butt better be moving!

Posted

Lately here in the country we have been on full African mode. For you city guys, that means, deep in Africa every morning when the sun comes up, a gazelle knows he must outrun the fastest lion or get eaten. Every morning when the sun comes up a lion knows he must outrun the slowest gazelle or starve. Point is that it doesn't matter if you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, your butt better be moving!

You should change to the metric work week.  10 hours per day, 10 days per week.