Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need some prayers

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys I just wanted to pop in and say hello and make a prayer request. My Step Mom who has been in my life since I was 4 years old was in an accident last Saturday and is still currently in the ICU here in Lewiston, Idaho. I drove up from California on Tuesday to be here. The prognosis is not looking for very good for any sort of recovery but we remain hopeful because miracles do happen. Please keep Bevy in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Thanks much

Joey

Posted

Hey guys I just wanted to pop in and say hello and make a prayer request. My Step Mom who has been in my life since I was 4 years old was in an accident last Saturday and is still currently in the ICU here in Lewiston, Idaho. I drove up from California on Tuesday to be here. The prognosis is not looking for very good for any sort of recovery but we remain hopeful because miracles do happen. Please keep Bevy in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Thanks much

Joey

Sorry to here that Joey,we will do what we can on our end.Im only a 1 1/2 hours away so if you need anything you know how to get ahold of me. Randy

Posted

Joey-- My best to you and your family.

We will surely remember her (and you) in our prayers all the way from the land of Oshkosh...

Posted

More headed your way from up north!

:BC: < for a speedy recovery

Posted

More from Jax. Florida.

Posted

Thanks everyone! She is still not doin well at all. On a more positive note I got my Dad out of the hospital for a few hours today to run up to a pancake breakfast at the local EAA chapter. It just so happens that it's Dean Wilsons chapter. I had breakfast with and shot the shit about their 1909 Curtiss pusher they just finished.

Posted

Continuing the lighter note: I don't imagine Dean talked about being inducted into the EAA hall of fame last week, did he? My friends Brett McKinney and Paul Seehafer were in attendance at the ceremony at the EAA Museum for his induction.

Posted

Joey,

Any updates? Miracles do happen (just not to me :lol: )

Keeping you and the family in my thoughts n prayers

Posted

Monday we elected to transition to comfort care only which means no food, fluids, or medicine except morphine. Yesterday she woke up out of blue and has been trying to communicate with us. She sustained major damage to her brain stem though and has no movement at all. She would not have wanted to live like that so we are honoring her wishes and continuing with what were doin.

I don't wish this on anybody. Having to just wait and watch her wither away has been a terrible experience. Having her wakeup yesterday and look around makes it that much harder. Keep my Dad and Bevy in your thoughts and prayers during this trying time please.

Joey

Posted

Monday we elected to transition to comfort care only which means no food, fluids, or medicine except morphine. Yesterday she woke up out of blue and has been trying to communicate with us. She sustained major damage to her brain stem though and has no movement at all. She would not have wanted to live like that so we are honoring her wishes and continuing with what were doin.

I don't wish this on anybody. Having to just wait and watch her wither away has been a terrible experience. Having her wakeup yesterday and look around makes it that much harder. Keep my Dad and Bevy in your thoughts and prayers during this trying time please.

Joey

Hang in there buddy, all I can say is it will get better,we just went through the same thing with my Father-In-Law. Best wishes to you and your family.Randy

Posted

Hang in there buddy, all I can say is it will get better,we just went through the same thing with my Father-In-Law. Best wishes to you and your family.Randy

I went through it with my dad. days of delirium with a few coherent moments in between. The hardest thing I ever did was bringing him home from the hospital knowing it would be the last time I saw him. A week after I left he passed after a long hard battle. I dont wish this on anyone, and I can truly feel your pain! Hang in there Joey.

Posted

Just an update...We lost Bevy at 9am this morning. She's in a better place now. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Posted

Just an update...We lost Bevy at 9am this morning. She's in a better place now. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Sorry for your loss Joey,not much we can say to make it hurt any less.Hanging with your family and friends is great therapy. Condolences to you and your family. Randy

Posted

Joey-- Again, my best to you and yours. I'm very sorry for your loss. As you say, she has moved onto a better place.

Posted

Thanks everyone

Posted

Sorry for your loss Joey, you and the family are in our thoughts and prayers. It has been a rough month having lost three very good friends myself in the last 3 weeks. Just a reminder to live each day as if its your last because we just never know when our number is up.

Posted

Joey,

I just got back and read what you and your family have been going through. I am very sorry for your loss and pray that the pain of your loss will be quickly replaced with the good memories. It sounds like many of us have lost our parents or loved ones; it is always very hard but better that it is not a prolonged suffering. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Posted

Joey I am not good at this board I cant seem to find how to make the thread that I am reading show read once I have read it I marked board read and it clears the whole forum for me. I just read this and want to say I am very sorry for your loss and my family to will be praying for you and your family. God Bless

Posted

Joey, I've been offline for a bit due to my own family issues and was so sorry to read this. My thoughts will be with you and your Dad when I say my prayers tonight. Remember the good times and support your Dad. I learned long ago Life can be terribly unfair and even undeservingly cruel to the best of folks, but somehow good people never truly go away. I have no doubt that you will feel Bevy's presence again, perhaps as an angel guiding you and your family or others in time of need. God bless.