Hello from PA

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I'm Nick and new to this Forum. I have decided that a Kitfox is going to be my next project. I live close to Reading, PA and have a grass strip in Northern, PA (PA71.) I have been flying for 30 years, mostly Cessnas. Currently I have a 182 for hauling the kids, dog and all their crap. The Kitfox would be my "fun plane" that would allow me to get in and out of my strip when it snows or in the Spring when it's wet. I have built a Kolb twinstar, rebuilt a basket case Rotorway and refurbished two Cessnas. At this point in my life I don't have the time to commit to a new kit so I am searching for either a partially built Kitfox, a light wreck or one in need of some TLC. The ideal project would be a strip, repair, new panel and recover.(Model IV-1200 or newer- 4 stroke)  Also would consider a flying one if it is a quality build in excellent condition.  I'm in the process of cleaning out my shop and selling some toys to make room, so I have some time to find the right plane. If anyone got or know of a Kitfox that fits my specs let me know.

Thanks, Nick

Edited by Swingwing

Posted

They are around occasionally. Just keep looking and one will pop up. Not as many as there once was, but be ready to buy. They don't seem to last long on the market.

Posted

Call Bob 717three 6 three 7552

Posted

Call Bob 717three 6 three 7552

Local, cool! I’ll call tomorrow 

Posted (edited)

There's a wrecked Eurofox on Barnstormers for $6000 without an engine. They tried to sell it several times on E-Bay but it never hit the reserve. At one time it was being offered with the engine but I think they found a buyer for the engine. I asked the seller when it was on E-Bay if it had the folding wings and it does. It's got the landing gear ripped off but with the wings folded it should ride nice on a trailer. I think the seller should have figured out by now nobody wants it at that price but it keeps showing up for sale in various places.

Here's the same airplane listed for more money with photos:http://sky4buy.com/2005-Eurofox-LSA-Aircraft-Project-Rotax-912-ULS-w-2hrs-SMOH-BRS-Parachute382593224492/015332

Edited by Cloud Dancer
Added a link for photos

Posted

There's a wrecked Eurofox on Barnstormers for $6000 without an engine. They tried to sell it several times on E-Bay but it never hit the reserve. At one time it was being offered with the engine but I think they found a buyer for the engine. I asked the seller when it was on E-Bay if it had the folding wings and it does. It's got the landing gear ripped off but with the wings folded it should ride nice on a trailer. I think the seller should have figured out by now nobody wants it at that price but it keeps showing up for sale in various places.

Here's the same airplane listed for more money with photos:http://sky4buy.com/2005-Eurofox-LSA-Aircraft-Project-Rotax-912-ULS-w-2hrs-SMOH-BRS-Parachute382593224492/015332

Thank you for the lead. Looks like the most damage happened after the crash. Parts got poached, engine is gone, wiring harness got hacked. That carcass been picked clean :)

Posted (edited)

Nick,

Have you thought about an Avid Flyer Mark IV. Many are available, and they are similar to a Kitfox (they should be since the Kitfox design was taken directly from the Avid design), but the Avid doesn't have a press agent.

10464135_10204563455029127_5763431062302523665_n.jpg

Edited by nlappos

Posted

Nick,

Have you thought about an Avid Flyer Mark IV. Many are available, and they are similar to a Kitfox (they should be since the Kitfox design was taken directly from the Avid design), but the Avid doesn't have a press agent.

Yes, I would consider an Avid but I haven’t seen many available. Very pretty plane in the photo. I like blue. Thanks, Nick

1 person likes this

Posted

Nick,

Yes, I would consider an Avid but I haven’t seen many available. Very pretty plane in the photo. I like blue. Thanks, Nick

Check Barnstormers.com  Two listed right now, almost always someone lists theirs. Avids are typically $10k less than Kitfoxes due to the demand (Trent Palmer?).

Good luck, I admire your love of aviation, Nick! 

Posted

I own PA72, Howdy neighbor!