Avid Flyer pilots at OSH19?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm a brand new Avid Flyer owner (Model C that needs TLC!), and am curious if any other avid AvidFlyer owners will be at Airventure 2019?  I'm actually picking mine up on the way back from OSH19 bringing it back home to TX!.

Posted

There's usually a few Avid owners lurking around every year. Check into the Kitfox owner party at Av8r3400's campsite, we kissin' cousins all get along.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not a peep on this thread, maybe a quiet show this year? I usually hear from somebody by now asking me to hold the site or two next to mine at the UL field. 

Posted

I had plans to make it this year.  Last month the work schedule flopped and now I will be working.  I plan on rolling the schedule again after the first of the year so I hope to be off next year for it.

:BC:

Posted

I'll be there in the glamping section Sunday - Thursday, but my Avid Flyer is still in pieces.

Posted

Damn Leni, that sux. You've been threatening to get down for so long and for some odd reason I'd like to be there to see that. Had a good group last year. Oh hell, every year is a good year now!

1 person likes this

Posted

Not a peep on this thread, maybe a quiet show this year? I usually hear from somebody by now asking me to hold the site or two next to mine at the UL field. 

I will be driving in Wednesday night (for the STOL Demo!) and staying through Saturday. If you could save me a car/tent spot next to the fence...that would be great. Thanks, Brooks

Posted

Cant make it this year. Will be going back in 2020 for sure. This year the West crew will be meeting up at Dead cow for the Stol Drags. Should be a great weekend. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

We will be there 11 days again. Doug what day are you arriving ? We will be there Thursday. 

Edited by Bandit
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm out this year but Ron and I are planning to fly back again in 2020!

1 person likes this

Posted

Its great to hear someone will be there familiar with the Avid.  I'm planning to be there all week - have to pick up the plane before the show due to scheduling, then dropping it off (on the trailer) at Beloit.  I'll then pick it up on the way home!  Thanks to all the contributers that described methods and experiences trailering the Avid - hopefully with all the advice all will go well.  I'll let you know when I get back to TX - and hopefully see some of you at the show.

Posted

I'm planning on driving in to New Holstein Supercub gathering Sunday, then Relleumdats at OSH but departing Monday afternoon due to work and shoulder surgery.

Posted

On site and set up. I’m all ready if Lostman or any other AvidFoxFlyer wanders by lol. 

B498E41A-380F-40F6-8104-B443755FA039.jpeg

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Oh Doug I am so unhappy that I am stuck at work and letting all that good stuff be consumed by others and not be there to be helping with it! Where is the fireball?  time to get the party going!  :lmao:

:BC: 

Edited by akflyer

Posted

Leni ya know all these guys flying in wander over and start coughing up dust, something about W&B and had to leave everything but the tent and toothbrush at home. I could make a bloody fortune with a cash bar. Of course anyone at the show is welcome to swing by and chat AvidFox or swap a few stories, I’m the last spot along the fence in UL camping by the Ripple Ave gate. I’m out and about during the day but usually back by cocktail hour to chill ‘n grill and watch the evening airshow. 

1 person likes this

Posted

On site and set up. I’m all ready if Lostman or any other AvidFoxFlyer wanders by lol. 

B498E41A-380F-40F6-8104-B443755FA039.jpeg

damn Doug your really making me wish I was coming! Glad you made it! See you next year. 

Posted

There is a huge Kitfox gaggle headed to the UL field. Expect 20+ of them. 

Posted (edited)

Looks like I will be going to Oshkosh arriving Monday but don't know if I will be flying the Avid or riding in my friend's Kitfox. Sounds like the weather is going to cooperate to make it very pleasant. 

Sounds like I will have a couple more Back Country Super Cubs to test fly when I get back.  That is always interesting but as I have mentioned before I really like flying the Avid more.

PS THIS ONE IS FOR Sale

IMG_1356.JPG

Edited by wypaul
1 person likes this