Drag tube brackets

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I am assembling my wings and was wondering, should I use Hysol on the drag tube brackets and rivet them to the spars or just rivet them?

IMG_2593.JPG

Posted

Dont know what other will say, but i think we all will agree to hysol and rivit the dragtubes on. Least thats how i did mine this past winter. Did lots of extra support in there while was at it also. Is a good idea to do sure makes the wings stronger 

Posted

Kent,  another thing you might consider, as many of us have done is ‘hysol’ about a 3 inch /1/4 inch plywood gusset from the spar to the drag tube.

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks guys, that’s what I thought but then started second guessing myself. I never thought of the gusset but it’s good to know. I am planning on a orange and black paint job when I get that far, I would love to see a larger picture of that one on your profile pic logtrucker.

Posted

Do the gussets, they are worth it.

pictures from nov 11 to may 12 089.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

image.thumb.jpeg.accdfcb8b0b744f3a79b946image.thumb.jpeg.dacacbc18c9926f52d412f3image.thumb.jpeg.a9ade448d4f5b168d10c8d7Kent, pics at Whitman Co. fair.

1 person likes this

Posted

image.thumb.jpeg.accdfcb8b0b744f3a79b946image.thumb.jpeg.dacacbc18c9926f52d412f3image.thumb.jpeg.a9ade448d4f5b168d10c8d7Kent, pics at Whitman Co. fair.

May I ask, what is the exact color of this plane. Mine looks the same, and I am trying to find the right product to touch up.

Posted

Supermotive,  I used Aeronca orange on the R  wing rebuild, however the local automotive paint store first mixed a ‘rattle can’ match for me that was compatible with the existing paint.