Double Ender Honda Style

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, it looks like Honda got all fire up by Double Ender bush plane and try to make some sort of bush plane concept; I´m not too much into Fancy Nancy shit, but "SOME" of the ideas / features are worth looking at.-

acitionshot+1-cropped.jpg

acitionshot+2.jpg

acitionshot+2-ropped.jpg

acitionshot+3-cropped.jpg

acitionshot+4-cropped.jpg

acitionshot+5-cropped.jpg

acitionshot+6-cropped.jpg

Alice++Bruderer++SP16_64_2000px_marked.jpg

Alice++Bruderer++SP16_65_2000px_marked.jpg

Alice++Bruderer++SP16_73_2000px_marked.jpg

Alice++Bruderer++SP16_76_2000px_marked.jpg

Alice++Bruderer++SP16_78_px_marked.jpg

Alice++Bruderer++SP16_84_px_marked.jpg

Alice++Bruderer++SP16_89_2000px_marked.jpg

Alice++Bruderer++SP16_96_2000px_marked.jpg

Alice++Bruderer++SP16_107_2000px_marked.jpg

Alice++Bruderer++SP16_136_2000px_marked.jpg

initial+layout.jpg

package.jpg

planview.jpg

researc+h4-book-2.jpg

research+2.jpg

sketches+01.jpg

sketches+03.jpg

sketches+05.jpg

sketches+06.jpg

sketches+07.jpg

sketches+08.jpg

sketches+09.jpg

sketches+10.jpg

sketches+11.jpg

sketches+12.jpg

sketches+12-02.jpg

sketches+13-02.jpg

sketches+14++book.jpg

sketches+15++book.jpg

sketches+16.jpg

sketches+17.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

The engineers will be fleeing in droves rather than try and make this work. Holding the entire tail on the airplane by such a narrow band below the arc of the prop is one nightmare. The leverage stresses the tail will put on that joint both up and down and in twist from the control surfaces make this arm chair engineer say no way. From a mechanics perspective can you imagine  how hard it would be to work on either of those engines? They mention great visibility. Where? An engine directly above blots out upward visibility. The main purpose of a twin is the ability to carry additional passengers or baggage and this design offers neither advantage. Putting the engine up high in the front may give you prop clearance but I think a ground loop would total this thing in a heartbeat. The inline twin engine Cessna built for years was more practical from an engineering standpoint. They mention LSA? That's an awful complicated airplane for most of the LSA crowd. Two engines side by side are going to get you off the ground faster than a twin with one engine running in dirty air so your not gaining anything there. A larger single engine is more efficient in an LSA application. The only advantage I see is engine redundancy for flying over large expanses where engine out landings are impossible. The vertical stabilizer is compromised by being reduced in size at the bottom where it attaches to the tail.

I do think those that like to wash windows in tight spaces will love this design and I'm sure if they built it somebody out there would think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread but, it's not my cup of tea.

Posted

I believe this is designed to use electric propulsion hence the small/tight fit cowl.

Posted

I bet it is electric too. I wonder how that reverse caster tail wheel rig is going to work...?

Posted

You may recall the article bout the double end stol in Sport Aviation maybe around 2014. The basic design of the Honda is pretty much a copy of this.

http://www.bushplanedesign.com/the-story.html

1 person likes this

Posted

1 person likes this