BRS

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Have any of you Avid flyers installed a BRS Chute on your a/C?

Posted

There was one on my KF model 1 when i bought it, but i removed it cause didnt feel like carring around 21lbs of dead weight, plus it was almost 25yrs old so i put it out in the yard and set it off, wasnt anything to brag about when i did. Hahahahaaa

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

HEY i found a new use for my BRS chute, well not new new, ive done it for equipment with large military chute over the D9 or 245, was installing a primer pump finally, and plumbing and was so nice in there and was still in the below zero temps -5,-7, and of course this am its 12 above, the used primers i had where no good either, knew better than to even try them but is what it is. Hahahahahahaaa

D248603F-7775-497D-8AC5-35E67445F24A.jpeg

08E055B0-A5E1-452D-AFE4-3EBD11D707AC.jpeg

Edited by Buckchop
Add pic
2 people like this

Posted

One of the better uses for a BRS, especially an outdated one.  Not a big fan of them except in a structural failure. If one has one installed in their aircraft, still fly like you don't have one.

1 person likes this

Posted

I pulled it out cause,,,,, who really needs one???  And cause it weighed 21.3 lbs, that was the most of my 31lbs of weight i killed on the blackfox when went thro it after purchase. And the home made aluminum mount and clamps was another 1.5lbs