ISO 582 mount for Avid

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm looking for a 582 mount for my Avid.

On a completely other end of the spectrum. I'm strongly considering selling my Avid A 

With that Volkswagen up front it's just a little too heavy and doesn't really meet my purpose. Might be a little happier if I can put the 582 on that I have. Or sell all of it and purchase something a little more mission appropriate. 

If anybody has a line on a mount let me know. Jeff

Posted

I've have a A!B!C,Avid mt (right mt with 4 rubber donuts

IMG_0669.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

If its an A model, someone cut the welded on mount off to put the VW on it.  Your mount lugs might not be in the same spot on your fuse as the b and C mounts.  Easy enough to fix it but something you might have in the back of your mind when your getting ready for the swap.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Good point!!!

Posted

If its an A model, someone cut the welded on mount off to put the VW on it.  Your mount lugs might not be in the same spot on your fuse as the b and C mounts.  Easy enough to fix it but something you might have in the back of your mind when your getting ready for the swap.

:BC:

Jim chuck (I think it was Jim) sent me some measurements the upper ones seemed a little bit off but I'm okay with modifications. My options are pretty much, figure out how to increase the useful load to where I can actually fly this thing or sell it to someone who could really dial it in and find something better for my mission. 

If its an A model, someone cut the welded on mount off to put the VW on it.  Your mount lugs might not be in the same spot on your fuse as the b and C mounts.  Easy enough to fix it but something you might have in the back of your mind when your getting ready for the 

Posted

Should be an easy mod on the mount that Snaps has then.  The 582 will get you more useful load than the VW for sure and it will be an entirely different airplane.

1 person likes this

Posted

And I was thinking eventually upgrading to a 670. Isn't the mark for fuselage the same size just has metal stringers instead of wood?

Posted

I've have a A!B!C,Avid mt (right mt with 4 rubber donuts

IMG_0669.JPG

I  PM'D you. 

Posted (edited)

And I was thinking eventually upgrading to a 670. Isn't the mark for fuselage the same size just has metal stringers instead of wood?

A model Avid is 36" wide at the top back of the seat.  All later models are 39 1/2" wide.  Also the shape of the door bottom is different on the A from later models.  JImChuk

Edited by 1avidflyer
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I’ve got a rubber donut style one in CA.

Edited by C5Engineer

Posted

I’ve got a rubber donut style one in CA.

can you post a picture? Can you post a picture? I've never can you post a picture? I've never seen the round style can you post a picture? I've never seen the round style before.

Posted

He is referring to the mount on the right in the picture that was posted that takes the rubber donuts 

Posted

He is referring to the mount on the right in the picture that was posted that takes the rubber donuts 

hhahhaha I totally misread the message. My brain thought it said he had a around mount.  Thanks Jim

1 person likes this

Posted

The round mount is for the radial engine, not the 582.  :lmao:  I often read to fast as well.  JImChuk

2 people like this