Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wanted aluminum wing fuel tank

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Anybody have the original aluminum wing tanks for the kf 1-3 just gathering dust on a shelf? Hopefully hasn't been sloshed but if so I'll deal with it. 

I'm not going to be using them in the wing. I have another idea I'd like to try. 

Posted

I have one from a right side wing.  6 gallon I believe.  I think the cap was used on another tank, but here is a picture of it.  JImChuk

Photo1028.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

I also have one i pulled from a wing this winter i could let go of, 

Will, or if change ur mind,

Jim id also b interested in ur tank, i wanted to cut the top open, hindge it for a storage compartment, one in each wing. 

Posted

I have one from a right side wing.  6 gallon I believe.  I think the cap was used on another tank, but here is a picture of it.  JImChuk

Photo1028.jpg

Jim,  pm sent. 

Buck, 

I'm interested in it as a fuel tank, so if you cut it out of a wing I'm guessing it's probably not going to hold fuel without being repaired?

Posted

Read the post, i havent cut it yet, i said i wanted to cut it to make a storage compartment, havent done it yet it on shelf, everyone bad mouths them aluminum tanks, ive tried buyin a 2nd one a few time here and other site, soon as i ask about one everyone tells me how i shouldnt use it, buy one, ect,ect,ect, by the time they stop ive had enough talk so i give up on the idea. 

Anyways ill part with mine also, its perfect and i tested it, it has no leaks, by the way they weigh 5.4lbs each. 

Posted (edited)

Read the post, i havent cut it yet, i said i wanted to cut it to make a storage compartment, havent done it yet it on shelf, everyone bad mouths them aluminum tanks, ive tried buyin a 2nd one a few time here and other site, soon as i ask about one everyone tells me how i shouldnt use it, buy one, ect,ect,ect, by the time they stop ive had enough talk so i give up on the idea. 

Anyways ill part with mine also, its perfect and i tested it, it has no leaks, by the way they weigh 5.4lbs each. 

You said you had one you pulled from a wing I inferred you were offering me that one( kind of difficult to tell what you meant since you also stated you wanted to use it for a storage compartment). And i wondered if it had been damaged during removal.  In any case i just bought Jim's tank. 

Edited by Willja67

Posted

Right on, Jim a hell of a good guy!! R u interested in this one i have? Mayb a trade? Send me a text if ud like, im off to go to work in the dirt again, today i have to get rock crusher going, sold 500yds of crushed rock to State of Ak.

Posted

Thanks for the pat on the back Bucky.  Did you ever sell your landing gear?  There is a guy on the Team Kitfox site looking for a set for his Kitfox 1.   JImChuk

Posted

I still have the silver set that i had for sale, and will have a set off the bluefox in earlie August when the extended set comes in. 

Ill check that out over yaw-n-der, hahahaaa, thanks Jim

Posted

Mmm didnt c where someone was looking for a set, but im not good navigating around on internet, 

Posted

I have an original, right wing, six gallon aluminum tank that has a minor leak. It was repaired, but looks like it was cold lapped... I wouldn’t recommend its use as a fuel tank, but I like the wing storage idea. If someone wants it for that, it’s available. I have two big tanks to install, so I won’t be using it for anything. 

Posted

It really won't make a good storage locker because of the weight. I have a 6 gal alum tank installed in the right wing and its heavy. Should have replaced it with a plastic tank when I was covering it but didn't. I have the plastic tank on the shelf. I bought 2 from Stace but just replaced the left tank. There is a plywood wing locker in the right tank that is great and light.  The tank isn't bad for weight, its the mounting attachments that are too heavy. No sense in being stupid if I can't prove it now and then. Should have known better!