Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Newbie in Oregon saying hi

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all, I am new to the site as well as to owning a plane. I also have little experience actually flying. I bought an Avid Mk4 heavy hauler locally with the full realization that I was likely biting off quite the mouthful. I am now hoping to have it inspected and given the green light and from there hoping to find someone to train me in the plane. I am in Dundee Oregon and would like to also just get to know any locals around that would want to chew the fat and/or give any advice of help as far as getting involved in the community. Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing from any/all. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome to the gang! You're going to love your Mark IV, it's a great airplane. And this group should be very helpful answering your questions as you are learning about machine. Enjoy!

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, welcome to the forum.  I also fly a MK IV, took it up for a while this evening.  Don't be afraid to ask questions, the only dumb ones are those that don't get asked.  I'm sure there are others on the group that are close to you.  Hopefully they will pipe up.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Congratulations on your Avid, you will love it.  That is exactly where I started in 1997 and have had a great time with Avids ever since!   I get down to Hood River (where I grew up) a couple times a year; unfortunately I don't have an Avid there (yet).  Too bad Dundee is a ways away.  Would be happy to help you with any advice I can provide, as everyone on this forum will be happy to do.  A great bunch with a lot of knowledge.

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome to the group. Lots of good information here.

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome and please post a pic or two of your new bird! 

1 person likes this