Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid C stol on barnstormers

8 posts in this topic

Posted

This just popped up and barnstormers.  JImChuk

AVID C STOL • $16,500 • FOR SALE BY OWNER • 166 hrs TT on healthy Rotax 582 gray head 2-stroke liquid-cooled engine, condition inspection June 7, 2019. Side-by-side 2-seater with quick folding wings (no control disconnect!) and excellent trailer that allows storage in a single-car garage. Takeoff is brisk and climb rate is around 1500 fpm. Over-the-nose visibility is excellent, even on the ground taxiing. Airplane has fuel totalizer, TAS and density altitude meter, altitude leaning system, and oil injection, enabling refueling at airports. 72” 3-blade IVO prop. Custom luggage compartment under turtledeck. Empty weight < 500# • Contact Arthur Powell, Owner -  located Bingen, WA United States • Telephone: 5092810843 • 5092810843 • 5092810843 • Posted August 4, 2019 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchist • Report This Ad • View Larger Images

thumbnail_1492831_On_trailer.jpegthumbnail_1492831_Parked.jpegthumbnail_1492831_stbd_side_engine.jpegthumbnail_1492831_Panel.jpegthumbnail_1492831_Bonneville_Dam.jpeg

Posted

Yeah, sorry guys, that's me.  My legs are too long and prone to cramping.  Otherwise, I like the little bird.  Was contemplating a brake lever on the stick, then clocking the pilot's side pedals (minus master cylinders & toe brake levers) forward a smidge to buy additional legroom.  But there are other issues.  Oh well!

Posted

It does look nice.  I think you will miss it when it's gone.  JImChuk

Posted

Turbo, I may have the same issue when I get it in the air. I am 6' and long legged. Hope not, but time will tell.

Posted

Allen, how did you do back when you were flying my Kitfox 4?  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

Done very well. Had plenty of room. The model 4 seemed to have a little more room than the model 2 if I remember correctly. Of course I was a lot younger back then and in better shape. Could actually get out of bed without sounding like a bowl of Rice Crispies. If I would ever part with this fox, I figure I am done building. Any new aircraft will be a two part kit, the airplane and the key.

Edited by Allen Sutphin
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Despite having to yaw your way along while taxiing, vs the Avid's superb forward visibility, the Kitfoxes I've seen look to have a more comfortable pilot position.  Maybe that's part of why they command a higher price on the used market.  Dean must have shorter legs than I do.

By-the-way, I have found that using the oil injection system my plugs stay oil-free, and I don't have to pull them out to shake and blow the excess oil off every time I go to fly!  The inverted engine is not so bad after all!  It's likely true for those premixing Amsoil at 100:1 also.

Edited by Turbo

Posted

My pants inseam is 29" and I fit in the Avid just fine :-)  JImChuk